NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pictures : the telescope or the garden

cootuk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a rather small garden and it's quite difficult to take a picture of a scope without some other garden clutter like the washing line or Guinea Pig hutch / run appearing as well !. I wonder if William Herschel had problems avoiding the Guinea Pig run as he searched for Uranus from the garden of his house in Bath ?.

My photos are very carefully arranged to avoid showing the chickens and rabbit enclosure. I also have to spend a few minutes picking up the kids clobber which is dotted around the garden. And at the moment my astro shed is covered with a blue sheet to keep it water tight until i re-coat in the summer. So need to keep that out of shot too. All very tricky stuff!!!!

I consider myself very lucky :) ( even with the large trees that will be trimed a lot next year !!!!!!)

That's not a garden, that's a country park!

Where's the obs? ;)

I consider myself very lucky :) ( even with the large trees that will be trimed a lot next year !!!!!!)

Ahhhh the fault finding patio... ;)

I didn't realize that people took that much notice of the back ground - must take more care!!!

As long as we don't get any bits when photographing mirrors on newtonians in the nude ;)

I thought a certain scope for sale with a couple of motorbikes in the background was particularly funny for the sheer quantity of weeds per square foot of patio (mentioning no names)!

Just to clarify, the picture I posted is not my garden, but W Herschel's

Lovely place - but I'm tempted to use Paintshop Pro to add a Guinea Pig run, a full washing line and Caroline Herschel's worn out harpsichord waiting for the bin men to take it away - I'm sure that's how it would have really looked ;)

Lovely place - but I'm tempted to use Paintshop Pro to add a Guinea Pig run, a full washing line and Caroline Herschel's worn out harpsichord waiting for the bin men to take it away - I'm sure that's how it would have really looked :)

;)

I couldn't go into the playground till later today as the missus had put the washing out

and there's no way I'm getting blamed for getting any dirt on it

hang on !

I get blamed for everything anyway so why didn't I go out and view the sun anyway

Steve

you didnt swipe the insulation from that house ower yonder did you? ;)

HAHA! you think there is anything left in there to swipe? We've been looking at that for the past 5 years, everything in there was 'recycled' long ago.

Archived