Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging Day - North

daz

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just verify that it is not essential at all, to have a dark site, as no actual imaging will take place. This will be a hands on interface training, and covering the software, and hardware elements of Imaging.

And my Postcode is

CA2.

Ron.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Can I reopen the offer of the use of the Astronomy Centre as a venue for a "Northern" imaging day ?. We can seat up to 70, have multimedia facilities and loads of telescopes in a not too bad astro location. Whilst being North of many, rather than far North, it is in reaching distance for several large, well established astro societies with active interest in imaging.

I attended the first imaging day in Bedford - Its only classroom based no need for "dark sites".

Im in Grimsby and travelled down to Bedford for the first one on the train and made a weekend of it...no matter where its held some people are going to have to travel a few miles to get there - it cant be helped!

I have found this - Grimsby Conference Venue, Meetings & Events Venue | Grimsby Hotel

If any one is interested I can nip along and enquire further...I think there has been enough talk on the subject...now its time for someone-anyone to take a bit of action.

If 6 or so people put up a venue, others can yay or nay it....put it to the vote or whatever...but lets get the ball rolling for the new year.

I would love to learn how to use Imagesplus and Registack properly and would be prepared to travel and bring the Double stacked beasty if the sun is shining too.

Happy to travel and offer a lift to anyone nearby too - postcode HG5.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good to me too, not that far really.

Postcode BD2

Peoples attitude as to 'how far north' all depends on there location. As has been pointed out the people in Scotland regard anywhere south of Newcastle 'the south', and people in and around London regard anywhere past Watford Gap 'the North'

Why not three days -

one for the south - (Bedford = done)

Middle - TBA

and Scotland.

People can then travel as little or as far as they want

My two pence

AlanB

Just wondering when 22nd march comes if there will be a 1 year anniversary of trying to plan an imaging day, oh and a cake in the shape of the uk with candles all over to signify all the different places people have suggested but not managed to agree on.......lol

p.s. Before certain people get all upset by this post (you know who you are), i'm just having a little bit of light hearted fun, so no need to get all wound up :)

Just wondering when 22nd march comes if there will be a 1 year anniversary of trying to plan an imaging day, oh and a cake in the shape of the uk with candles all over to signify all the different places people have suggested but not managed to agree on.......lol

p.s. Before certain people get all upset by this post (you know who you are), i'm just having a little bit of light hearted fun, so no need to get all wound up :)

:)

Archived