Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging Day - North

daz

OK, if we were to run one in the North of England, where would be good?

I think it would have to be North of Manchester to be honest, but I guess it depends on how far people would travel..

So, suggestions please :)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, if we were to run one in the North of England, where would be good?

I think it would have to be North of Manchester to be honest, but I guess it depends on how far people would travel..

So, suggestions please :)

I am new to all this, I am trying to get my head round "Imaging" so I am interested. Just need a location with minimum light pollution. Oh and some decent weather of course.

North, from Leeds upwards

Midlands, from Leeds down to Oxford

South, from Oxford downwards

North, good location would be near Settle....situated along the Pennines, good for observing, far from any large cities, good transport routes with the A65, M6 and A1(M) close-by (kinda)

Or, up near Keilder, or in the NY Moors, light pollution isn't bad there and very similar to the Brecon Beacons for seeing.

There is an Imaging course at UMIST, at the Godlee Observatory in June. And is co-organised by Manchester AS and N.W.G.A.S.

Check the NWGAS web site for more information, or e-mail the secretary for details. I think that they are booked up, but you never know.

• 1 month later...

Archived