Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A clear night is promised for tonight.

Dave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where you are but things are grim until 5pm down here. So long as it starts clearing around 6pm, i'll be happy. The only downside is Saturn may not gain any altitude before the cloud returns. But at least Mars and some deepsky will be on the cards.

Looking good for me up at chatteris ;)

Can't wait to use the 20mm Nagler I got at Astrofest :) and get to see more with the 13mm as only had 1 hour prior, but enough to know I wanted more Naglers...

So M42 before it moves to an LP section of Sky

Then off to M101 and M81/2

Then M97

Hopefully will get to see more but not wanting to jinx my viewing with too many objects as I dare say at some point the cloud gods will role over :D

Looking good for me up at chatteris ;)

Can't wait to use the 20mm Nagler I got at Astrofest :) and get to see more with the 13mm as only had 1 hour prior, but enough to know I wanted more Naglers...

So M42 before it moves to an LP section of Sky

Then off to M101 and M81/2

Then M97

Hopefully will get to see more but not wanting to jinx my viewing with too many objects as I dare say at some point the cloud gods will role over :D

Sounds like a great plan, especially with the Naglers. Don't forget your OIII with M97, just looks fab with that filter. That's one of my targets tonight. Last time out i picked up M108 first and then brought M97 into the same field....awesome!

Russ

Sounds like a great plan, especially with the Naglers. Don't forget your OIII with M97, just looks fab with that filter. That's one of my targets tonight. Last time out i picked up M108 first and then brought M97 into the same field....awesome!

Russ

Ahhh good call Russ, your right so 13mm with the O3 - this is my favourite planetry Neb - the first Nebula I ever saw :) back with a 6" newt on an alt-az mount...as it was the easiest to hop to and find without any problems ;)...it was enough to hook me along with some others - my first view of M42 later in that year totally blew me away :D Still get the hairs on the back of neck viewing it even now...

Chris

In the last 10 minutes it has gone from 80% clear sky to 80% cloud cover here, shouldnt be surprised really I suppose.

Well........it's cleared again. Looks like clear for you too, across the water.

Fingers crossed.:)

Andy.

The words "clear" and "night" dont seem to be included in the Irish weather forcast. I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to think of the last real clear night. I'm sure it was back in Dec 2009 or maybe early Jan 2010.

Absolutely BO DIDDLY...............since then.

Archived