Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sssssssh….I won’t tell if you don’t.

Stu

Normally I get a gentle instruction from the lovely Mrs Stu to clear my kit away if it remains anywhere outside it’s normal habitat for longer than a few days.

This handsome fella has been loitering in a far and generally unused corner of the lounge for a few weeks without comment. I think it looks rather grand, although a wooden tripod would be better I agree.

Let’s see how long I get away with it for 🤣

5E77D23C-6849-4C82-A483-DBF0847A11DB.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

P.S. Have to ask what tripod is it..

It’s my Gitzo GT5542LS, bought it off eBay for a decent price a number of years ago and have never regretted it. It gets a lot of use.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Looks similar to my Artcise 80..

Alan

Not heard of that brand, sounds like you are pleased with yours? The Gitzo has a 40kg load capacity and has served me very well over the years. I think the C925 and FC100DC was the most I put on it.

0CC68501-174B-4637-82EF-0CAB6F3DB6EB.jpeg

• Like 4

Very nice indeed @Stu 👍

Mine’s been happily sitting out in plain sight for almost a year now too… ok, it’s just inside my office door, but Mrs H has commented she finds it “quite elegant” 😮😃

Maybe it’s a Tak thing 🤔🤣

AADDA8DD-46DC-47F7-B871-11451324AE23.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Very nice indeed @Stu 👍

Mine’s been happily sitting out in plain sight for almost a year now too… ok, it’s just inside my office door, but Mrs H has commented she finds it “quite elegant” 😮😃

I can see four of those Berlebach observing chairs around my kitchen table, Gary 🤔

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JeremyS said:

I can see four of those Berlebach observing chairs around my kitchen table, Gary 🤔

You should... they're great... super comfortable (especially with the footrest) and why should they be consigned to night time observing use only 😁

• Haha 2

A telescope should be out in the open where it can be admired and spark curiosity in those visiting ones home, whether our partners buy that or not is another matter. when I try to sell that no matter how humble I sound it is always met with arms folded and one eye half shut as though I was a child telling a fib.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Very nice indeed @Stu 👍

Looks very classy with the Berlebach tripod 👍👍

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Very nice indeed @Stu 👍

Nah.. it's the chair she's admiring..you could offer to use it for ironing once a week if she lets the scope stay put too?🙃

Dave

• Haha 1