SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rowan AZ75 Mount

Alan White

1 hour ago, Stephenstargazer said:

XT101467.JPG

That's interesting to see the AZ100 set up like that Stephen, especially as a one sided mount.
Interesting and a very obvious set up in reality.

Does that sit straight on the Vixen Tripod or do you have an adapter in use?
Just pondering that with the AZ75 as a very grab and go set up.

10 hours ago, Alan White said:

Sorry for my absence this evening, it was I went a read @Stu thread on the Argo Navis and nodded off 😉
I jest with you @Stu I actually popped down to my Asto Club.

It’s a relief you didn’t get lost in there Alan. I went along to my new local club, CADAS for a very interesting talk by @MarkRadice on imaging Planets. Thanks Mark 👍👍, most enjoyable.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MarkRadice said:

Glad you enjoyed it, Stu. It was lovely to meet you all - especially the tea and cakes. 

I did indeed.

Yes, the most difficult aspect of the evening was choosing between coffee and walnut cake, or a scone with jam and cream! Cake won out in the end! 🤣

3 hours ago, Stu said:

I did indeed.

Yes, the most difficult aspect of the evening was choosing between coffee and walnut cake, or a scone with jam and cream! Cake won out in the end! 🤣

Was this because of that never ending choice of jam or cream first with Scones?   

6 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Was this because of that never ending choice of jam or cream first with Scones?   

I'm worried that is a controversial political question and may provoke SGLers into having heated and pointless arguments :evil:

It's almost as divisive as EQ vs altaz, or zoom vs range of eyepieces, or dob v 'frac ....

I'm backing away slowly ................................................................................................... :hiding:🚪

Heather

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

I'm worried that is a controversial political question and may provoke SGLers into having heated and pointless arguments :evil:

It's almost as divisive as EQ vs altaz, or zoom vs range of eyepieces, or dob v 'frac ....

I'm backing away slowly ................................................................................................... :hiding:🚪

Heather

You may have apoint Heather....... Goes hanging head in shame of it 😉 

But clearly it's whatever you prefer.

In our household the very discussion is devisive, but a 50/50 split.
And let's not get into how to pronounce scone!

4 minutes ago, johninderby said:

This brings up a really divisive issue.

Do you put the jam on top of the clotted cream on your scone or the other way round? 

I'm taking cover now 😃😃😃

Indeed John and returns to the core question,
was the SC  OWN, (thats how it shoud be said by the way), 
Designed to be as a Jam First or Cream First Baked sweet treat?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stu said:

I did indeed.

Stu. Which had the SLO mo controls ?? The walnut cake or scone 🤣🤣🤣

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiny Clanger said:

Heather

During my Cumbria trip in September on a visit to Appleby, we were given scones (pronounced 'sconns' using proper English) with clotted cream, jam AND butter! Needless to say as they covered all bases it was a shame to not use all three. Quite a curious taste. Those country folk obviously decided I needed fattening up even further for Christmas.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

we were given scones (pronounced 'sconns' using proper English) 

Propper English? Are we sure that it is not Sc own in Propper English.... 😉

I wish this cloud would go, then we can can get back to discussing slow motions again 

15 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

During my Cumbria trip in September on a visit to Appleby, we were given scones (pronounced 'sconns' using proper English) with clotted cream, jam AND butter! Needless to say as they covered all bases it was a shame to not use all three. Quite a curious taste. Those country folk obviously decided I needed fattening up even further for Christmas.

Scone (pronounced in whatever local language gets understood in the cafe ) needs butter , it's the indisputable first layer to seal and level the crumbly stuff, above that the true controversy starts. I've heard heretical suggestions that the clotted cream can be seen as a butter substitute, and I deplore that thought.

• Like 2

Alan I would love the clouds to shift so you and Stu can go at it...

Ms Clanger, I normally wouldn't partake in a layer of butter followed by jam and cream, however those northern mountain folk have a reputation. A more gentile and civilised preference would be a layer of jam topped with clotted cream. If cream is absent, a layer of butter followed by jam. It is the way.

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet

I too have been out, but my session was short lived for the same as @Stu, poor seeing, mushy conditions and naughty old whispy cloud.
Oh and add in the Root Canal started earlier today and it's not a good combination really.
So no real feedback other than nice to get under the stars isn't it.

But rest assured testing will continue, but in my case with an Intermission as off to Cumbria tomorrow.
I will return..... 

Oh and on the Scone front, any combination works for me, its sweet, it's cake, whatt's not to like.

• Like 1