NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL 2021 Challenge 5 - 30 second exposures

17/07/2021

41 x 30second exposures of The Cygnus Region, Canon 600D, 24mm F2.0 ISO400 - Star Adventurer 20 darks used.

DSS and Photoshop used for editing

CygnusWF_Low.jpg

Edited by Andy R
Autocorrect
  • Like 7

This was a rushed test shot but came out better than expected despite so many flaws. It was taken to test a Sigma 105 1.4 lens but due to time constraints was mounted on a star tracker which was not polar aligned - just pointed roughly north. I'd hoped for 30 second exposures but 15 second exposures were the most I could get away with without trailing so badly aligned. It's a stack of 272 15 second exposures (68mins) with a ZWO 2600MC. Taken 1st August. Not 30 sec exposures but it says 'no more than 30 seconds' so assume this is ok? 

ngc7000_105mm_f2-2__v2_small.jpg?width=2

Edited by AbsolutelyN
  • Like 8

On 17/07/2021 at 22:20, Snoani said:

It does make me smile that the time I used to dither was double that of the lights captured.  

Nice image 😁.

Not sure what capture software you're using, but you can usually set to dither every x exposures to get round this.

I usually dither every 5 minutes and don't seem to suffer walking noise.

• Thanks 1

Heart Nebula taken last night.  150x30sec subs with some dark and flat frames stacked in Sequator and processed in PS.

Equipment used: WO Z61ii, Canon 700D (modified), AZ-gti mount on Eq wedge.

final.jpg

• Like 7

Hi all 

Here is my image of M31 taken last night pretty much only clear night in a month! 

HEQ5 Pro, William Optics RedCat 51, ZWO ASI 294 MC Pro, ASI 120MM, Asi Air Pro

327x30s shot at unity gain (120) -10 degrees. Stacked in WBP in PI and processed in PI. Final gradient removal and stretch in PS. 769231006_M31copy2.thumb.jpg.b7e4f458caf0e293c216f625ff3ffb7d.jpg

Thanks

M31.tif

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Simon Pepper said:

Here is my image of M31 taken last night pretty much only clear night in a month! 

Very nice image indeed. I'm no expert but the processing looks rather well executed too. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

Here's my contribution a widefield shot of Cygnus.  52 30 second frames taken with my modified Canon 6D through the Samyang 135mm at F2.  I used the clockwork Omegon LX3 star tracker.  Stacked with calibration frames in DSS and processed in GIMP and Siril.

Cygnus_Final_Low.jpg

Really good I have a 135 turning up Tuesday cant wait 👍

• Like 1

Here's the final entry from me for this competition, NGC7023 The Iris Nebula. Taken last night (16th) this is the best 220 30 second subs of the night. Not quite up to the IKO dataset standards but I'm fairly happy with it for my set up. Taken with my SW 200N, and full spectrum modified Olympus E-PL5. Stacked in Siril and processed in StarTools.

spacer.png

• Like 8

From Cassiopeia to Cygnus. Sigma10-20 zoom lens. 10 stacked 30 sec lights at f=10mm (actual f=16mm as APC sensor), ISO1600. Canon 600d on a fixed tripod. Cropped image. Processing based on Prof Ian Morison's excellent book 'The Art of Astrophotography'. Probably over did the softening and technicolor! (DeepSkyStacker, Fitswork4, APS and Topaz Denoise AI).

From Cassiopeia to Cygnus.png

• Like 3