NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Joined Today !

red dwalf

Hi all,

Came across this site by chance , very good and fantastic tutorials for the beginner like me, bought a Skywatcher 130p for the kids at xmas, none of them want to go out in the cold for more than 10 seconds so my wife and me have taken it over and having fun locating nebulas in orion, venus and I think we found the Andromeda Galaxy in the north west (faint smuge) we are getting hooked and as I have found out it can be expensive ! but great to learn.

Hi ya RD.

You will love that scope! I have had mine now for 6 years (under the Helios badge).

Learning the night sky manually is a joy in it self, as apposed to goto.

Mind you, the neighbours get a bit twitchy listening to gigling & going on at 1 in the morning! :(

Enjoy your selves.

Mick.G. :)

Hi Red D.

A warm welcome to SGL, invest in a pair of reasonable quality bins, a star map and red torch, then you will both start a journey of a life time, encourage the children to come along for the ride.

Regards.

John.

Archived