Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mounts not in stock

Teashea

I have been looking for a new telescope and mount.  I have determined what I want but there are none in stock and none of the main vendors know when they will be in stock.  So, I started looking at other mounts and the four top choices I have are not in stock anywhere.  I find this quite curious.  The manufacturers seem to have lousy business plans when they cannot even produce their products to keep things in stock.  Seems they have very poor managers.  I am sure the vendors are frustrated also.  

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Teashea said:

The manufacturers seem to have lousy business plans

I think it has more to do with disruption caused by Covid. Even some USA suppliers are quoting out of stock on popular products.
I have also been trying to get a new inkjet printer since my old one died (built-in obsolescence). With so many people working at home they can't be had for love nor money, either.

I think the "shipping" delays are largely fixed. I've been getting packages from Aliexpress arriving in 2 weeks, whereas during the spring / summer it could be 2 months.

Yes, long delays. I ordered an EQ5 back in September. I'm told the ship with them on board is docking this week. Probably won't have it before xmas but hopefully before the new year.

There's nothing you, I, FLO or any other retailers can do about this. You just have to be patient.

2 hours ago, Radman40 said:

I tried to buy a set of pans the other day and had the same problem.  Everywhere out of stock.  Roll on the vaccine. This is our only way out of this. 

Panoptics or cooking equipment ? :grin:

• Haha 3

I think it is a combination of everything we've all had to deal with the past few months.

You have manufacturers who are probably dealing with sick employees. On top of that, their suppliers have the same issue, along with the people who transport the raw materials and finished products.

I have worked at the same big box store for ten years now and cant ever remember it taking so long to get some things back in stock.

The uncertainty you are dealing with brought on by your "B" situation and us with our "E" situation, definitely adds to it all.