Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Congrats to Alexandra Hart - Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2020

Uplooker

Apologies if posted elsewhere, and if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I would like to congratulate Alexandra Hart on winning Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2020, under the category of Our Sun.

Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2020: Andromeda Galaxy image wins top prize https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-54105085

Very well done, lovely image, but that’s bread and butter for you. Well done!!!

• Like 9

Thanks guys for the lovely wishes, it does mean a lot :) I am always looking at your images even if I don't comment all the time. I love to see what everyone is doing. Moderating Solarchat these days seems to take a lot of time up :) 

50326981643_249b849d06_c.jpgInsight Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2020- Our Sun - Winner by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

Alexandra

Edited by Montana
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Montana said:

Thanks guys for the lovely wishes, it does mean a lot :) I am always looking at your images even if I don't comment all the time. I love to see what everyone is doing. Moderating Solarchat these days seems to take a lot of time up :) 

50326981643_249b849d06_c.jpgInsight Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2020- Our Sun - Winner by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

Congratulations on the award!!👍👍

Your last paragraph shows how much Steve used to do to keep Solarchat going, good on ya👍

Thanks guys :) 

x6gas, yes 3 wins (2014, 2017 and 2020) but never the main title, there is always a challenge :)   I can hope....

I still have a long way to go to match the amazing work of  others  like Christian Viladrich, Alex, Valery, JP etc  :)  but that is what keeps you fighting. However, most of the time it is more satisfying and fun to just stop, sit and enjoy the Sun with your eyeballs and sketching pad, and most of all, showing others.

Alexandra

• Like 1