NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Upcycle Observatory Build

Chris

It's looking great, been following your progress from the start and enjoy watching your videos of the build in progress, a fine achievement indeed and look forward to you kitting out your obsy and using it to bring us great videos, keep up the good work, clear skies 📷🔭🌌

Edited by LeeHore7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeeHore7 said:

It's looking great, been follow your progress from the start and enjoy watching your videos of the build in progress, a fine achievement indeed and look forward to you kitting out your obsy and using it to bring us great videos, keep up the good work, clear skies 📷🔭🌌

Thanks Lee, much appreciated :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hals said:

To echo everyone's sentiments already, its been great to follow this build and personally I'm finding it an inspiration for my own. 

Wonderful to hear, Hals, fantastic, go for it! :) 

22 minutes ago, nephilim said:

Really nice set up Chris, I bet your really pleased with it.
Looking forward to how it all finally works once electrics etc are installed.

Thanks Steve, yes I'd better pull my finger out with the electrics and dig the trench for some armoured cable before the ground gets too frosty! 

• Like 1

It was good to see it operational. I found a fold down table was easier for me. Takes up no space when not in use. However whichever way you go there will always be "improvements" to be made. A run of colour changing and dimmable LEDs were one of the first things i put in. Also if running cable why not put an ethernet cable as well along with a couple of draw strings in a conduit as there will always be something to be added later.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 08/11/2020 at 22:43, m.tweedy said:

It was good to see it operational. I found a fold down table was easier for me. Takes up no space when not in use. However whichever way you go there will always be "improvements" to be made. A run of colour changing and dimmable LEDs were one of the first things i put in. Also if running cable why not put an ethernet cable as well along with a couple of draw strings in a conduit as there will always be something to be added later.

You're not wrong Michael, I've fitted a solar powered light so far but things have slowed down until spring. I'm just going to try and enjoy it over the winter when the weather allows of course :)

• Like 1

Great vid Chris as always. Your obsy is the business. 🤟 So glad to see you using a Meg72 again and the great story behind it. Don’t get that kind of generosity very often so lovely to hear and respect to @Davey-T

I can assure everyone that I am completely over the unfortunate sale of my Megrez that you mentioned.  😂 My biggest regret is not speaking to you first  Chris - a mistake I shall not make again! 🙂 Fortunately I still have six lovely scopes, including the Tal 100RS that you also sold me. 🙂

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Alan White said:

Chris

Great update and great story to the Megrez, nice one.

Love the Cloud Logo at the end,
how about it becoming the new @FLO one instead of the present labels ????

Thanks Alan! Funny you should mention because I have a plan for that logo 😃 What do you think about a line of beanie hats with this logo on lol. I was going to do a little merch banner below my videos but FLO are welcome to sell them if they wanted to. More for fun rather than a large mark up of course, but I do need to look at costs to see if it's viable.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RobertI said:

Great vid Chris as always. Your obsy is the business. 🤟 So glad to see you using a Meg72 again and the great story behind it. Don’t get that kind of generosity very often so lovely to hear and respect to @Davey-T

I can assure everyone that I am completely over the unfortunate sale of my Megrez that you mentioned.  😂 My biggest regret is not speaking to you first  Chris - a mistake I shall not make again! 🙂 Fortunately I still have six lovely scopes, including the Tal 100RS that you also sold me. 🙂

Thanks Rob, more plans for the obsy in the spring :) I totally understand why you were so annoyed at the time. You were trying to do a kind thing for a fellow forum member and it was taken advantage of. I might have been a touch too dramatic with the adrenaline of the camera running and all that lol, maybe I went a bit over the top. I've always been impressed how you keep hold of your scopes so I know you don't sell things lightly.

Dave's the man. I owe him one :)    

2 hours ago, Lockie said:

I might have been a touch too dramatic with the adrenaline of the camera running and all that lol, maybe I went a bit over the top.

Not at all, it was an entertaining watch as always Chris and it was nice to be included. 🙂 I’m thinking about talking to Netflix to see if they are interested in dramatising at the events surrounding the sale of the scope! 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lockie said:

Thanks Alan! Funny you should mention because I have a plan for that logo 😃 What do you think about a line of beanie hats with this logo on lol. I was going to do a little merch banner below my videos but FLO are welcome to sell them if they wanted to. More for fun rather than a large mark up of course, but I do need to look at costs to see if it's viable.  

Sign me up for one Chris, love the idea, really do.
Made me chuckle at a time I needed to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RobertI said:

Not at all, it was an entertaining watch as always Chris and it was nice to be included. 🙂 I’m thinking about talking to Netflix to see if they are interested in dramatising at the events surrounding the sale of the scope! 😂

Hahaha! Can you imagine the trailer voiced by Don Lafontaine, the guy with the deep voice that always voices movie trailers. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Alan White said:

Sign me up for one Chris, love the idea, really do.
Made me chuckle at a time I needed to.

Thanks Alan and I hear you, really hard times hey 😔

Just had a DIY astronomy video idea! Has anyone ever tried combining a beanie with a red LED light? It would need to be removable for washing changing batteries etc, just that a head torch can get uncomfortable after a while and I'm always banging my head torch on eyepieces and telescopes when I bend down. Something like a red LED strip that threads into the beanie would be good.   

Edited by Lockie
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Thanks Alan and I hear you, really hard times hey 😔

Just had a DIY astronomy video idea! Has anyone ever tried combining a beanie with a red LED light? It would need to be removable for washing changing batteries etc, just that a head torch can get uncomfortable after a while and I'm always banging my head torch on eyepieces and telescopes when I bend down. Something like a red LED strip that threads into the beanie would be good.   

Yes, they are available with white on the front and red in the back, used by cyclists, just wear them backwards and use red light....works very well...👍🏼

• Thanks 1