Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from South West Wales

RossHicksPhoto

Hi all, 

I am new to both the forum as well as the world of Stargazing. 
I have had the chance in recent weeks to photograph the night sky on such clear nights and my wife then surprised me with an early birthday present in the form on a Celestron Astromaster 130EQ

I have the 10 and 25mm Eyepieces and just had a 1.25 barlow and t-ring delivered for me to attach my DSLR camera! Cannot wait to get out an about with it all!

I have included some of the images I have captured simply using my DSLR and various lenses (mostly my wide angle)
I cannot wait to start this love affair with the night sky. It really has inspired me to pick up my camera again... a hobby that I sadly let slip with lockdown.

I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Ross

Astro 10a.jpg

Astro 2.jpg

Astro 3.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RossHicksPhoto said:

Glad to meet you.

What part of Wales are you based?

I currently live on the north Wales coast, not far from Colwyn Bay/Llandudno. I did live in Cardiff for over 10 years until fairly recently. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daf1983 said:

I currently live on the north Wales coast, not far from Colwyn Bay/Llandudno. I did live in Cardiff for over 10 years until fairly recently. 

Nice!!

I grew up in Cardiff... Penarth, Cogan and Danescourt

4 minutes ago, RossHicksPhoto said:

Nice!!

I grew up in Cardiff... Penarth, Cogan and Danescourt

Very nice, I went to uni there, and then taught in a school in Llandaf North for years. My parents and my sister still live there. Lovely city

• Like 1

Hi Ross from another in South Wales, your images are great and clearly show your photographic skill. I must warn you that Astrophotography is an addictive hobby that will likely stress you bank balance and sanity at times, but definitely worth the commitment. Welcome to SGL, I am sure with the pedigree of your images you will have a great time. There is a wealth of experience on this forum that will alleviate the many frustrating periods you will encounter.

Martin