Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Hello! I have a question on how can I mount my camera to my Sky-Watcher Starquest 130P telescope? I’ve watched so many videos about it and there’s so many different answers on what I need to do that. At the moment, I have 2x Barlow lens and a DSLR. I know that a T-ring is also necessary but is there anything more? Any help is highly appreciated, thanks! (I’m really new to telescopes and astrophotography in general so I hope I don’t say anything dumb)

Posted (edited)

@grievousIf your focuser 2" adaptor is like my 200P one it should be threaded to a T2 mount, other wise something like this https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/rother-valley-optics-t2-nosepiece-adaptor-125.html into the T2 mount, but chances are you will then need to use the barlow to acheive focus.

Edited by Nicola Hannah Butterfield
  • Thanks 1

I also use a DSLR, Canon SL1 with my DOB.

It will hook up directly to the telescope in place of an eyepiece or camera lens. That's called prime focus. It allows me to get the entire moon in an image.

I also bought an adapter that allows me to put an eyepiece in it, then attach it to the camera instead of the camera lens. Eye piece projection.

That only cost 15.00 dollars on amazon.

Good luck and enjoy this incredible (sickness) hobby!😁

• Thanks 1

@Nicola Hannah Butterfield & @maw lod qan Thank you so much for your kind help! And yes, I will enjoy this incredible hobby :) Last night was my first time with a telescope, skies weren't so clear but I saw Venus and it made me so happy! Hope to someday picture it, even though it looked just like a bright ball. 

Looked at Venus last night myself. It's one day past maximum elongation showing an excellent view of a half crescent. 

Even with the Sun just barely below the horizon Venus was brilliant. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JMH
      Good morning and thank you in advance for your advice and patience! I am looking to purchase my first telescope, budget around £200. I am overwhelmed by the choice, but am looking for certain things:
      Quite lightweight / easily portable
      Smartphone adapter for taking iPhone pictures
      Specifically interested in looking at planets, ISS, galaxies as well as the moon
      Must be on a tripod and not table-top
      I would be grateful for your expertise. I am in the UK (Suffolk) if that makes a difference! I look forward to learning A LOT here  
    • By trunting
      I've been having another crack at DSO imaging lately, and I've managed to produce this from 6 hours of integration: 
      I'm quite pleased with it but I'm very new to image processing, so I'd be incredibly grateful if someone wouldn't mind having a go at processing my data!

Image Info:
      Lights: 46x4min + 66x3min  Stacked with Dark, Flat and Bias frames Stacked in DSS and processed in GIMP Taken under Bortle 7/8 skies Gear:
      SkyWatcher ED80 0.85x Reducer Astro-Modified EOS 600D ZWO ASI 120MM Mini Guide Camera with 9x50 Finderscope HEQ5 Pro Mount There's some dust bunnies and other artefacts on the image that I know I could spend more time removing, however I'm wondering if I'm doing my data justice in processing!
      Thanks, Tom
      NGC7023 (2).TIF
    • By Adaaam75
      Hi guys,
      So on Tuesday night I spent the evening imaging the moon with my Celestron 9.25 SCT and DSLR as shown below and am happy with the images I collated (I only took images as I did intend to take capture video but I got carried away and time was getting on).
      I have approx 350 jpeg (and the equivalent in raw) images and have used the Microsoft image composite editor to stitch the frames together without editing them first etc but I wonder if I'm going the images an injustice?
      I'm not ready to pay for editing software as I know there is a lot of very good free downloads out there and I'm asking for recommendations. Should I be processing the frames before/after stitching and what software would you recommend? Please offer any advice you have.
      I will post the resulting image once I'm happy with the outcome 😁
      Thanks in advance!

• By lux eterna
      Hi all,
      My last imaging for this season resulted in 11 x 10 minutes on M51, but I already had 23 x 15 minutes from previous seasons so here is some 7 1/2 hours of data.
      The 23x15 minutes subs were taken under a pretty dark sky (SQM-L = 21.65), while the rest were approx 21.5. Used a modded Nikon D7000 in a 8" Meade LX200-ACF on HEQ5 Pro, guided with NexGuide. I am still amazed that stars were pinpoint in all 23 of the 15 minutes subs. I guess it helped that the OTA was pointing near zenith so flexure and mirror lock issues should have been minimal. Nowadays I stick to max 10 minutes subs.
      Ragnar

• By Camalajs525
      I tried searching for some easy deep sky objects on the internet but I never got a staright answer. Could someone please name some easy targets that I could use tonight. Mostly in Canis Major or in Canis Minor if possible. The deep sky objects that I am trying to find are quite simple. That can be seen by binoculars. Thanks, any help would always be appreciated. 😀

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.