Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Camera and a telescope

Hello! I have a question on how can I mount my camera to my Sky-Watcher Starquest 130P telescope? I’ve watched so many videos about it and there’s so many different answers on what I need to do that. At the moment, I have 2x Barlow lens and a DSLR. I know that a T-ring is also necessary but is there anything more? Any help is highly appreciated, thanks! (I’m really new to telescopes and astrophotography in general so I hope I don’t say anything dumb)

@grievousIf your focuser 2" adaptor is like my 200P one it should be threaded to a T2 mount, other wise something like this https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/rother-valley-optics-t2-nosepiece-adaptor-125.html into the T2 mount, but chances are you will then need to use the barlow to acheive focus.

Edited by Nicola Hannah Butterfield
  • Thanks 1

I also use a DSLR, Canon SL1 with my DOB.

It will hook up directly to the telescope in place of an eyepiece or camera lens. That's called prime focus. It allows me to get the entire moon in an image.

I also bought an adapter that allows me to put an eyepiece in it, then attach it to the camera instead of the camera lens. Eye piece projection.

That only cost 15.00 dollars on amazon.

Good luck and enjoy this incredible (sickness) hobby!😁

• Thanks 1