NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Upton, West Yorksire

Nicola Hannah Butterfield

Just a quick hello from, not so clear skies Upton, I acquired a SW 200P un-driven EQ5 mount in January with the intention of doing some  astro photography, I did a bit static mount (with stacking about 1/2's exposures high ISO on a Canon 6D. I have just acquired a new NEQ6 Pro GoTo as I know from my photography mounts are everything, and I must say the difference is amazing.

I have done some astro-photography in the past, but it to me wasn't what I was after. I will put the rest the profile as I remember which is why the GoTo is great for as I have forgot must of what I knew in the 90's and of course the L.P. here is a bad Bortle 6.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Hi Nicola, welcome to SGL :smile:

The NEQ6 + 200P is a nice combination. Mounts are everything - there's nothing worse than the wobbles!

Thanks, I know about mounts from photography, and I must say the difference just in focusing between the two mounts is worth as much as anything else, not sure if it's because it's driven, not having constantly move the R.A. or just the stability, both I guess .

2 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Welcome Nicola, you'll love the neq6 my goto mount as well, I did do a belt drive upgrade and upgraded the weight shaft. Much smoother. Have fun with it. 

Thanks, and thank you for your like on my image of M42.

In 2012 there was the conjunction between Venus and M45 as you probably know it happens again next month, I don't have a little money (it's rather complex) but I had seen some NEQ6's on ebay and A.B.S. but at around the 850-950 mark, so it was a no briner to get the scope new with a 2 year warranty @ £999 I could have waited till next week and possible have got the 6-R, but as this conjunction is really only a few weeks away (yea we know cloudy skies, it was last time) I wanted at least a few days to get things set up as best as I can from where I am.

I must say that polar aligned as best I can, Polaris is very close to the roof top of the house and next doors bathroom light on all the time, having got it two star aligned i was able on my second night to get 60's subs, well impressed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Hi Nicola, and a very warm welcome to the Lounge :)

Steve

18 minutes ago, Floater said:

Welcome. Hope you have lots of fun. 🙂

3 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL.

Thank you all, hoping to learn a lot about the new direction my photography is going.

On 14/03/2020 at 12:04, banjaxed said:

Hi Nicola, welcome to SGL.

On 14/03/2020 at 21:46, Dave Lloyd said:

Hi Nicola, welcome. 

8 hours ago, ronl said:

Hello Nicola, and welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your time with us,

see you around the forums. Have fun.

Clear Sky's.

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Hi welcome to SGL from Pete in Bedfordshire 🙂

Thanks all.

• Like 1