NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hydrogen alpha Convective super-cell time-lapse

BabyPepper

16 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Very nice, I guess you're somewhere that the Sun shines :D

Dave

Actually, I am in the United States near chicago. Every once in a blue moon, the nano-goo goes away , the sky heroically turns blue and the sun magically shines.  <a single lonely cloud the size of rhode island races at wind velocity to obsure the miracle>

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

Wow! Far out, man! (as us old hippies use to say :) )

Louise

ps is that the same image that appears on the Lunt site?

https://luntsolarsystems.com/ls50c-etalon-timelapse-please-click-the-gif-file/

Very good eyes you have! This sure is that very same image on the lunt site :)   (My lunt gallery upload does not expose the convection cell data however ) 

48667841026_197dfdc3be_o.gif  <-Without <BR> With->  Apollo-Lasky-switchup-001_1574795508.gif

The interesting thing to note here, is the amount of new data that is "hidden" within the entire capture of raw data.  I changed nothing but processing technique.  The image on the left is a standard technique , everyone is familiar with using single layer frame stacking.     The image on the right has a secondary layer; the new layer is processed using a narrower pixel sample which happens to contain a brighter set of pixels. This is why the new data sticks out so well.  

There is even more visible data hidden in there. I could process a third layer, focused on the little twinkle stuff.  But i think it would be a bit confusing like TV static.

Edited by BabyPepper
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, BabyPepper said:

Okay so i focused on the "random noise", and what do you know.  Its not random noise after all ;  its like a little tiny river network of lightning streaks.   Sit and stare!

lightning.gif.6ef5c235f5e669b892129f6e1b8a2142.gif

I do believe that you have imaged the Solarians mass transit system! ;)

Seriously, that is absolutely brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm weird if lunt or Coronado wanted to use my images on the internet or website I would want to get paid.

To me in the end they are making money by posting what u did and to me thsts not right without compensation.  

I had one time I bought fancy tire and rinse for my luxury car and the place wanted to put my car with the rims on their website. I told them if they are giving me them free or at the very min 50% off and they said no they are not giving any discount for using my image.

So question is y would I do it when it makes them money getting more customers in their place but I paid what everyone does?

Sorry no deal

Joejaguar 

I have to say these are easily the most incredible, solar images I have ever seen in over half a century.  Bar none! 

As such, you ought to be amply rewarded for your incredible skills and considerable investment in time and equipment.
This is not remotely a case of your needing to be flattered by your inclusion on these commercial, sales websites.

Your superb results also reinforce the huge gap between your advanced processing skills and those who simply can't. [People like me.]
Which is not to dimininsh your contribution one iota.  Utterly amazing! Head and shoulders above the rest of we, mere mortals!

Would it be churlish to suggest that the commercial vendors cannot possibly guarantee your incredible results from every sale?
To use your images and animations, on their sales websites, as an example of what can seen or imaged with their equipment probably borders on false advertising.
But that's just my jaded opinion.  The QC of much of the equipment leaving the factories simply does not warrant comparison with your high art and scientific value.

• 2 months later...