Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mandy D

@mog3768 That's an interesting place to set up for solar. I was shooting through the branches of trees in my garden with the Sun directly behind  a large branch. Makes little difference to the final result though. Unfortunately, you can't see the trees in this photo of the 200P!

Skywatcher_200P_01.jpg

• Thanks 1

@mog3768 Yes, my garden is a bit of a jungle and the trees to the south certainly do not help with imaging and I am often surprised at how even with leaves on they often don't cause too much problem, even though you can see that the Sun or Moon is partly covered. It's only really like an extended obstruction in a Newt, I guess.

I re-processed this morning's image and made it a bit brighter and sharper. I tried to grab Jupiter tonight whilst the 200P was still outside and covered in frost, but no chance; the sky was so wobbly!

Sunspots_20230117_13-59_1120_ver_2.jpg

• Thanks 2