Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mugshots for International Astronomy Show 2019

Helen

Thanks Ade and Gina, yes going to take it easy and give my backa chance to recover.

If you (Or any other SGLers) ere in the Dorchester - Bridport area give me a PM, and if I'm home I'll put the kettle on :) .

• Like 1

We are over in Bridport regularly to visit parents as my wife is Bridport born and bred so next time we're down I'll send you a PM and pop in. 

That'll give a chance to escape the dreadful TV that my father in law watches 😉

• Like 1

A few times (though not recently, fortunately) I have had a problem with my back that the GP put down to just briefly pinching a nerve in my spine just because of the way I'd happened to move at the time.  The first time I did it I felt almost entirely incapacitated for about half an hour.  The resulting pain sometimes took a week to completely disappear.

The last time it happened I went to the GP who prescribed some hefty pain-killers.  She said that a considerable part of the longer-lasting pain was probably because I was unconsciously carrying myself awkwardly as a result of the pain from the initial nerve issue and stressing other parts of my spine and back due to that.  Taking the pain-killers apparently helped because I wouldn't then change my posture and everything cleared up much more quickly.

So if your GP doesn't already know about it Dave, perhaps it's worth a visit.

James

• Like 1

No I did not unfortunately. I originally intended to go on Friday, but my Grandson whom I collect from school and look after on a daily basis, fell sick on Thursday and I looked after him all day on Friday, which is why I hoped for Saturday, but alas things conspired at home . I look forward to the next show though and will hopefully meet some of you all next time.

I hope you had a good day........:happy11:

1 hour ago, Saganite said:

No I did not unfortunately. I originally intended to go on Friday, but my Grandson whom I collect from school and look after on a daily basis, fell sick on Thursday and I looked after him all day on Friday, which is why I hoped for Saturday, but alas things conspired at home . I look forward to the next show though and will hopefully meet some of you all next time.

I hope you had a good day........:happy11:

I did keep an eye out for you Steve, sorry you weren't able to attend.

Maybe I'll run into you next time

• Like 1