Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium v0.19.2

alexwolf

The second bugfix release for series 0.19.

Thank you very much to community for bug reports, feature requests and contributions!

Full list of changes between versions 0.19.1 and 0.19.2:
- Added support DMS and DD formats for parallactic angle feature
- Added altitude limitation filter for AstroCalc/Graphs[AltVsTime/ME] tools
- Added visual improvements for AstroCalc/Graphs tool
- Added new time intervals for AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
- Added computation of ephemeris for all naked-eye visible planets into AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
- Added GUI for select the color of ephemeris markers into AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
- Added 2 new scripts (Saturnian and uranian analemmas)
- Added 'k Pup' designation to star HIP 37229 (GH: #706)
- Added information about progress of loading on splash screen (GH: #719)
- Added a new skylore for Stellarium: Anutan
- Added support catalog "Southern Stars embedded in nebulosity" (Van den Bergh and Herbst, 1975 - VdBH)
- Added support "Catalogue and distances of optically visible H II regions" (Dickel+, 1969 - DWB)
- Added distances for few LDN objects
- Added support removing shortcuts through config.ini file (GH: #724)
- Added extraInfoString to StelObject: Allows extra info injected by plugins or scripts.
- Added display of Apex/Antapex points (GH: #737)
- Added "observers" for all planets with moons (GH: #736)
- Added IAU constellation abbreviation to object info
- Added 3 new actions
- Added settings for Script Console (GH: #741)
- Added Vanuatu (Netwar) skyculture (GH: #762)
- Added few asterisms (GH: #753, #768)
- Added new one time step into AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool (GH: #758)
- Added few new DSO textures (GH: #756, #780)
- Added support Vec3d into scripting engine
- Added a Messier Marathon script (GH: #771)
- Added support for short weekday display modes in bottom toolbar
- Added GUI option to toggle permanent orbit drawing
- Added hyperbolic comet C/2019 Q4 (Borisov) [2I/Borisov] into default ssystem_minor.ini file
- Added a scripting function for refraction (GH: #778)
- Fixed coloring text issue when formatting output is on
- Fixed saving properties for external software/remote computer in Telescope Control plugin (GH: #702)
- Fixed behaviour of selected ephemeris marker when sorting not for date (AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool)
- Fixed sorting date and time columns for AstroCalc/Ephemeris and AstroCalc/Phenomena tools
- Fixed crash on destruction of static QWidget (GH: #720)
- Fixed small difference of values issue for different time zones for Date and Time column in AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool (GH: #717)
- Fixed stupid conversion bug in hmsToRad function (GH: #716)
- Fixed an asymmetry w.r.t. to the ecliptic latitudes (Moon age)
- Fixed Search Tool/Lists behaviour for VdBH catalog
- Fixed distances for few DSO (GH: #708)
- Fixed Gregorian date issue for AstroCalc (GH: #711)
- Fixed support GPS on macOS (GH: #712)
- Fixed coefficient for the duration of mean tropical year
- Fixed issue for images in description for landscapes: set search directory (GH: #735)
- Fixed tooltip behaviour for Date and Time dialog
- Fixed star name to its source spelling (GH: #729)
- Fixed compiling with GPSD 3.19 [API 8.0] (GH: #733)
- Fixed encoding script files in Script Console (GH: #742)
- Fixed drawing names of asterisms
- Fixed aFOV display in Oculars plugin
- Fixed visual issue in Script Console (white background) with Qt 5.13
- Fixed links for scripting docs (SUG)
- Fixed screen flashing during solar eclipse (GH: #747)
- Fixed core.resetOutput(); method behaviour (GH: #750)
- Fixed AltGr behaviour for some languages on Windows
- Fixed clipping issue for LabelMgr.labelObject (GH: #776)
- Fixed weekday computation
- Fixed rendering planets orbits (GH: #773)
- Fixed error in shape of asterism Red-Necked Emu (GH: #769)
- Fixed proper removing of default secondary shortcut (GH: #764)
- Fixed cross-id error in DSO catalog
- Updated appdata.xml file
- Updated outdated code for names of days and months
- Updated Observability plugin
- Updated list of proper names of stars (IAU approved list)
- Updated Moon age calculation: let's use geocentric coordinates only for compute of the Moon age
- Updated AstroCalc/PC tool: simplification and colorification for graphs
- Updated AstroCalc/Phenomena tool: small speed-up
- Updated the default color space: StelToneReproducer now use sRGB as target RGB color space (GH: #718)
- Updated GUI for Satellites plugin
- Updated common names for DSO
- Updated common names for stars
- Updated packaging for macOS: Let's use macdeployqt for creating a MacOS bundles
- Updated nomenclature support: Let's use compressed nomenclature data to reduce an installation package
- Updated translations
- Updated planetary nomenclature
- Updated Sardinian skyculture
- Updated file handling in Script Console
- Updated HDPI features: enabled scaling fonts on High DPI monitors (GH: #546)
- Updated default shortcuts: changed default shortcut for copying selected object information (Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+Shift+C) to allow use Ctrl+C shortcut for text edit fields for whole planetarium (GH: #748)
- Updated getInfoMap method [scripting engine]: enhanced the getInfoMap method for the Sun (get eclipse data; GH: #747)
- Updated Chinese (Simplified) and Russian translations for Windows installer (GH: #755, #779)
- Updated Bookmarks tool
- Updated default exoplanets and pulsars catalogs
- Updated behaviour on Windows: disable HiDPI scaling in manifest (GH: #763)
- Updated Oculars plugin: improve RA/Dec output for CCD frame
- Code refactoring: type checking/casting clarifications
- Removed FOV plugin (the feature was moved into core of planetarium)

Homepage + links to downloading binary packages: https://stellarium.org

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex

Thanks again for the continued hard work.
I have had a few issues with the latest version as follows.

When attempting to import comets using the import elements dialog, I get a strange issue once I try and click "Get orbital elements".
I select Comets and select the bookmark but when I click the button to import them and bring up the next dialog nothing happens. This works fine in the previous version however.

The other issue that I have had this evening when doing a fresh install on a windows 10 pro system is that I get a strange SSL issue when trying to download the additional star catalog updates.
I am unsure at this stage as to if this is an issue with the fact that it was being done from within a virtual machine as I am the process of recording a tutorial.

Any help on these would be great

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a (quick) look and I can't find the answer - how do I copy the oculars from one pc to another?

I already have a master config.ini file that I copy to other pcs / laptops to keep them all setup the same, but this doesn't copy the sensors and telescopes from the oculars plugin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alexander,

I just installed v19.2 on my new laptop (Win10 Pro, i7, 16M RAM), but am having a couple of issues:

1. The extra star catalogues won't install from within the application (Configurations Window Extras tab), so I copied the cat files 5 to 8 from a previous instal (v15.2) on another laptop to the Appdata/stellarium/stars/default directory, but they have no effect on stars displayed when I run the application. When I check the Configurations Window Extras tab it is updated to 'get cataloque 9 of 9' but when I hit the button it errors with the message 'Error downloading stars 8 Error creating SSL contect ()' 
  2. I copied my occulars.ini file into the modules/oculars folder and initially all seemed correct, but then I noticed that the off axis display is not showing for my QSI camera, even though all the correct details are entered. I tried creating a new sensor, but the OAG overlay is still not showing.

Any ideas how to resolves these please?

Geof

Edited by geoflewis

17 hours ago, geoflewis said:

The extra star catalogues won't install from within the application (Configurations Window Extras tab), so I copied the cat files 5 to 8 from a previous instal (v15.2) on another laptop to the Appdata/stellarium/stars/default directory, but they have no effect on stars displayed when I run the application. When I check the Configurations Window Extras tab it is updated to 'get cataloque 9 of 9' but when I hit the button it errors with the message 'Error downloading stars 8 Error creating SSL contect ()' 

Yes, this is known issue - https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/786

The problem with creating SSL context caused by wrong version of openSSL libraries within Stellarium package (It's sad, but the problem was found a week after release 😕 ). I've pushed the fix of problem today (https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/commit/9c87c1495b859bb83dcac17f01163dc248c6e8d9) and it will be available for testing in next beta (tomorrow/next weekend?).

Some workaround for you: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/681465-stellarium-star-catalog-manual-installation-instructions/

17 hours ago, geoflewis said:

I copied my occulars.ini file into the modules/oculars folder and initially all seemed correct, but then I noticed that the off axis display is not showing for my QSI camera, even though all the correct details are entered. I tried creating a new sensor, but the OAG overlay is still not showing.

This is other bug, caused by refactoring the code and founded after release - https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/784

The fix available in beta versions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alexwolf said:

Yes, this is known issue - https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/786

The problem with creating SSL context caused by wrong version of openSSL libraries within Stellarium package (It's sad, but the problem was found a week after release 😕 ). I've pushed the fix of problem today (https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/commit/9c87c1495b859bb83dcac17f01163dc248c6e8d9) and it will be available for testing in next beta (tomorrow/next weekend?).

Some workaround for you: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/681465-stellarium-star-catalog-manual-installation-instructions/

This is other bug, caused by refactoring the code and founded after release - https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/784

The fix available in beta versions.

Hi Alexander,

I think that I've eventally got the star cats working via manual download. I'll look out for the beta for the OAG overlay.

Many thanks,

Geof

1 minute ago, geoflewis said:

Does installing the beta overwrite all the existing settings meaning that I'll have to import them again, or will they survive the update?

Yes and no - just read the proposals by installer ;)

• 2 months later...
On 20/10/2019 at 20:22, alexwolf said:

@Jonk see modules/Oculars/ocular.ini file in same place as config.ini

I would like to do the same but I am unable to locate the folder, never mind the file.
The only folder inside the Stellarium folder that starts with 'M' is Models. I have the latest version installed 0.19.3

8 minutes ago, pooky2483 said:

I would like to do the same but I am unable to locate the folder, never mind the file.
The only folder inside the Stellarium folder that starts with 'M' is Models. I have the latest version installed 0.19.3

These features are specific to each user and so are located in the Users files and not the main Stellarium program location. Try here

C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium

Alan

15 minutes ago, symmetal said:

These features are specific to each user and so are located in the Users files and not the main Stellarium program location. Try here

C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium

Alan

I have just looked and I don't have an 'AppData' folder.
m2zgfXch.png

I am also using Kubuntu (Linux), so I would need to know the location to copy the file to.
There is a 'Roaming' folder, but that contains wireless info for internet

Edited by pooky2483

AppData is a 'hidden' folder so on the screenshot above select the 'View' Menu at the top and under 'Show/Hide' section select 'Hidden items'.

Can't help with the Linux location but I'm sure someone else can help. :smile:

Alan 

Just now, symmetal said:

AppData is a 'hidden' folder so on the screenshot above select the 'View' Menu at the top and under 'Show/Hide' section select 'Hidden items'.

Can't help with the Linux location but I'm sure someone else can help. :smile:

Alan 

So, that;s why I could not find it. In Linux, it's easier to identify a hidden folder ~ '.hidden', theres a 'dot/full stop' in front of the folder name.
I should be able to locate the same or similar folder in Linux as the folder structure should be almost identical.

I've also just opened the file in text editor and the oculars list only goes up to 255.
I am currently putting in all the eyepieces from RotherValleyOptics to try them out and I'm not sure if I've entered more than 255 or not and I'm thinking that 255 is the cut-off amount (255 being 11111111 in binary).
It could possibly be something for @alexwolf to consider in increasing the number, if possible.