Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Today we released version 0.20.1 of planetarium. Thank you very much to community for bug reports, feature requests and contributions!
Full list of changes:
- Added new language - Luxembourgish (lb)
- Added proper properties for Angle Measure plugin
- Added configurable colors for Angle Measure plugin
- Added GUI adaptations for Angle Measure plugin
- Added evaluates scripts in individual context (Scripting Engine)
- Added new planetary nomenclature
- Added use properties in Satellites plugin
- Added overloaded Labeling functions with colors specified as Vec3f (Scripting Engine)
- Added display proper file paths and line numbers on script errors (Scripting Engine)
- Added test for low precision hms time conversion function (GH: #1043)
- Added spiky stars option
- Added checkbox to the option settings in Script Console to clear the output text before a script is run
- Added implementation of telescope syncing in INDI client (GH: #1048)
- Added dirty flag, set by signal from QTextEdit (Script Console)
- Added code to set TAB stop width at 4 characters (Script Console)
- Added code to avoid losing names after Cancel in some QFileDialog (Script Console)
- Added implementation of FSM to tranfer properly between dirty/filename states on load, save, clear, edit, expand actions (Script Console)
- Added special case Catalogs/Other in GUI for objects without identifier (DSO Catalog v3.9)
- Added Oculus plugin (disabled by default; GH: #1056)
- Fixed ANGLE support for Windows package (GH: #1035, #1034)
- Fixed keyboard navigation in Oculars plugin (GH: #1036)
- Fixed Russian translation for Windows installer
- Fixed data blunder: severely wrong slope for upcoming comet (GH: #1033)
- Fixed flipping galactic/Supergalactic labels on Southern hemisphere (GH: #1028)
- Fixed translations 'Set FOV to XXX degrees' when language is changed
- Fixed possible segfault in SolarSystem class
- Fixed building Stellarium without scripting
- Fixed (restored) fading switch effect in Satellites plugin
- Fixed (inverted) realistic/iconic mode labeling in Satellites plugin
- Fixed (renamed) properties to better follow conventions in Satellites plugin
- Fixed visualization mode in Satellites plugin
- Fixed time conversion for low precision form (GH: #1042)
- Fixed jerking an animation of movement of Solar system bodies (GH: #1041)
- Fixed name for SH2-308 (DSO Catalog v3.9)
- Fixed filter properly objects by catalogs (DSO Catalog v3.9; GH: #1052)
- Fixed few wrong objects in DSO catalog (DSO Catalog v3.9)
- Fixed WUI of Remote Control plugin
- Updated fix for ghost comet in ortographic projection issue (GH: #389)
- Updated list of contributors
- Updated code: simplified RegExp results handling
- Changed Vec3f& to Vec3f asreturn type for functions called from scripts in some classes (Scripting Engine)
- Re-implement getDecAngle, fixing some inconsistencies (GH: #1051)
- Removed Abell planetary nebulae catalog (DSO Catalog v3.9)
Binary packages you may download at https://stellarium.org website
So I had a free day yesterday and decided to sort out my equipment and update my astro laptop software packages. I downloaded the latest Stellarium and managed to get it to sync with APT. I installed my Xmas present from my sweetheart (Optolong L-eNhance filter) how did she know it's what I wanted??? I recently installed the free trial version of Pixinsight on my main laptop so after watching a few YouTube videos decided to get some Dark and Bias frames to create some masters ready for my next session.
The weather was good yesterday and it stayed clear here as the sun started to set, so I set everything up outside hoping the apps were wrong and it wouldn't get cloudy. As it got darker I launched Sharpcap and completed a polar allingment, I used Stellarium and APT to slew to Vega and checked the focus was good. I then used Goto++ in APT to slew to NGC 7380 (Wizard Nebula), I set PHD2 off guiding and then I had my first issue; my laptop would not connect to my Lyn Astro dew controller so I manually set the temperature to quite low as it wasn't too damp at that time. So I started capturing 5 minute subs went inside and remoted into my astro laptop from my main laptop to check how it was going, all appeared good.
I recently set up a Rpi NAS at home so I'm able to transfer data to it and then to my other laptop on the go, so after I'd got a few subs I opened them in PI to check the quality, they looked ok to me. after about an hour PHD2 started binging a lost star warning so I went outside and the clouds were starting to cover the sky, I then took loads of flat frames using my main laptop, Notepad and 3 sheets of white paper and decided to take some more darks in case it cleared. I then set about trying to process the 9 subs I'd managed to capture with the 200 flat frames the master bias and dark frames I'd created earlier. Despite the lack of subs I'm quite pleased with the result, I have done a quick Histogram stretch, and the knowledge I have gained, I'm definately going to purchase PI when I can afford it.
So this morning I thought I'd sort out the issue with the connection to the Lynx Astro dew controller, you won't believe it, my Astro Laptop will not turn on, it's been playing up for a while I suspect the battery has died. So just when I thought I was getting on top of this frustrating hobby I get another spanner in the works. So do I gamble and order a new battery then discover it is the laptop that has failed, do I set up another old laptop I have and hope it will be ok, do I set up my Rpi3 with Indigo or do I buy a mini PC as I know my way around windows?
Anyway here's the calibrated stacked image as it is in PI with a quick stretch.
Hi, having recently bought a mobile (cell) phone tripod adaptor, I thought I would have a go at setting up my custom landscape view in Stellarium.
I have watched all the videos on YouTube and read all the threads on here and I think I've done everything correctly, but the custom landscape doesn't appear in the list.
I have tried this on my laptop (running Vista SP2) and my (very old) PC (running XP SP2). Neither of these work!
I have included a screen shot of what I've done. I have obviously forgotten or missed something really basic, but for the life of me I can't see what.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you & a Ho, Ho, Ho!
Hello, i am new to this forum, i made my account here because i need help.
So few weeks ago i ordered a USB to Serial cable to be able to Control my Telescope with my computer using stellarium.
It arrived today.
So i made my Star Alignment, then i plugged the cable to my Telescope and Computer, i installed the Cable driver and ASCOM Platform + ASCOM Celestron Driver.
I started DriverConnect.exe and put the Celestron Driver i downloaded, and did the properties informations ( had to tick on "Advanced Setup" and "Show All COM Ports" ) and i put "COM8" on "COM Port", then i pressed "OK" and then "Connect"
Create Creating device
Connected Connecting to device
Error System.Exception: Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected
to System.Dynamic.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)
to CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject , Boolean )
to ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:line 268
Dispose Disposing of device
ReleaseComObject Releasing COM instance
ReleaseComObject Completed release. Count: 0
GC Collect Starting garbage collection
GC Collect Completed garbage collection
"Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected"
In Stellarium i set-up everything, the plug-in and restarted the app, then added my telescope and i says it's "connected" but i can't find my telescope.
Celestron NexStar 127SLT
The Cable i bought:
Windows 10 Pro, GTX 970, 8GB Ram(DDR4), i7 6700 3.4Ghz
Looking forward for your help, thanks in advance,
So I'm referring to the main astro-softwares that you use during your sessions on your phone or tablet, and found that most of people use mainly those two softwares on their phones. Laptop versions of the software are different products and are not the focus of this topic.
So which do you use and why?
I personally have Stellarium plus, and the free version of SkySafarai, so I have an understanding of how the user-interface of both works, I have been researching the extra features in the SkySafari Pro, and have figured the following so far (please correct me if I'm wrong):
* I'm aware that both let you control your GoTo telescopes
* I personally find current version of Stellarium to be more user friendly and easier to navigate the sky manually , could be the configured settings though
* SkySafari has more options to the search bar, e.g. "Tonight's Best" based on your location, also a menu of Messier catalog with a highlight of those currently visible at your time and location, others like best deep sky objects
* SkySafari has this wonderful feature of creating an observing list, very helpful to plan your session and share and download with/from others
* Stellarium Plus has a database of around 1.69 billion stars,while SkySafari 6 Pro has around 100 milion starts (don't think it's important as most of them aren't visible in amateur telescopes, I think I read somewhere that only 25 million stars are possible to observe with our telescopes, up to 15th mag, wonder if any of you have tried to push this limit)