NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from the Netherlands!

MM617

Hi everyone!

I just registered myself and thought I'd give a short introduction about myself.

I'm Mitch, currently 29 years old and living in the Netherlands. I've been fascinated by space since I was a little kid, my parents bought me an entry-level 100mm newtonian which I spent countless hours with gazing at the stars and the moon :) Sadly due to a lot of health issues this hobby has been put away for a long time. Now I live together with my girlfriend who shares this fascination so we want to pick it up again and also explore the world astrophotograhpy as well, I need some advice on that but I'll post a topic about that in the apropriate section :)

Here are 2 pics of the sun & moon we took with our dslr camera, I know it's still far beyond the quality we someday hope to get, but it's a start ;)

moon 18-7.jpg

sun 20-7.jpg

• Like 8

Hi

Welcome , my advice , read read read especially in this forum before buying,  lots of people and information here which will guide you in the correct direction just try not to drift onto youtube "selling" videos , a lot  of the gear there is something you wont need just yet , or maybe never ;)

(also in NL here )

Hello to both of you, and welcome to the community, you will get all the help you need here

in SGL, enjoy your journey, and the images are really good, see you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.