Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Uranium235

Imaging with the Samyang 135mm f2

Bunnies on the lens front surface will be so out of focus you won't see evidence of them on the flats.

On 05/04/2019 at 10:15, Scooot said:

I use this fine focuser, it’s very helpful, if not a bit fiddly to put on.

http://www.astrokraken.fr/samyang-135mm-f-2-bracket-micro-focuser-a145773756

Edit

just noticed he does a hinged ring version which looks better

http://www.astrokraken.fr/micro-focuser-with-hinged-rings-for-dslr-telephoto-lens-a145773206

Has anyone bought the hinged version for the Samyang 135mm? If so what size did you get?

Yes, and it was not a good quality. The rings didn't close properly, and couldn't hold my lens.

I went with the one from Astrojolo.com, definitely better quality printing, and cheaper too :) 

12 hours ago, Space Oddities said:

Yes, and it was not a good quality. The rings didn't close properly, and couldn't hold my lens.

I went with the one from Astrojolo.com, definitely better quality printing, and cheaper too :) 

The one that goes around the focus ring with the little tab sticking up?

This is very nice thread, i liked the results here from this lens.

Unfortunetly i have 135mm lens but from Canon itself, not Samyang or Rokinon, and i keep trying to find a suitable ring to attach for this lens and then mount it, i did buy that ZWO adapter ring they have for ASI1600mm which is 78mm i think, i tried that ring on my QHY163M and it wasn't tight enough, need like 1mm less, something like 77mm i think will be fine, or even 76mm and it will tight it perfectly, with an adapter on camera i can mount any Canon lens then, while if i go with lens then i will need many adapter rings at different sizes, so hopefully i can find something for 135mm Canon lens or QHY163M camera[76-77mm].