Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

^^ Same, just the 12T4, but it's awesome. Very nice collection, Michael :)

Does the moon fit in your 12mm Rev? The entire disc just fits in mine and it is probably one of the greatest visual experiences I have had during lunar observation!

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I can admit to getting a little tired of having to wait up so late for not very dark skies. Kind of makes me consider the money I have spent on eyepieces sometimes...

I know exactly what you mean!!!

Nice set you have as shown above and a good set of focal lengths.

Edited by Kef9

Thanks Kef, you really helped me out in an eyepiece thread I started with what seems like years ago! I have recently got a 2x barlow and 35mm panoptic, can't see things changing soon.

Then again... :) Maybe the 13mm + barlow will wipe the floor over all my high mag EP's. What do you reckon?

Still looking good Spaceboy! Do you reckon I could find a black car with green interior :)

Still looking good Spaceboy! Do you reckon I could find a black car with green interior :)

:):D:D I bet there is a boy racer out there with some thing like that. I can picture it now. Green neon underskirts 20" black anodized rims pearlesant green black paintwork and black T's embroidered into the head rests.

:):D:D I bet there is a boy racer out there with some thing like that. I can picture it now. Green neon underskirts 20" black anodized rims pearlesant green black paintwork and black T's embroidered into the head rests.

Ha ha I am making a thread in the lounge :)

Does the moon fit in your 12mm Rev? The entire disc just fits in mine and it is probably one of the greatest visual experiences I have had during lunar observation!

You know, it's been a couple of months since I've looked at the Moon with the Dob and I didn't have the Nag at the time. Last I remember the BH 17mm was the best for a full disc view, so the 12mm Nag with its wider FOV should fit it in, too. Though I'll probably need to 'look around' to see the outer disc.

I'll have a go and let you know how I get on :)

Thanks Kef, you really helped me out in an eyepiece thread I started with what seems like years ago! I have recently got a 2x barlow and 35mm panoptic, can't see things changing soon.

Then again... :) Maybe the 13mm + barlow will wipe the floor over all my high mag EP's. What do you reckon?

Thanks Adz - nice words and very much appreciated.

Regarding the nag + barlow combo - for me this would be great and give a nice wider field than the BGO but not the clarity. What might be an idea would be to try to swap the 6mm BGO for a 5mm. Then when combined with your barlow and availiable eyepieces would give you 13mm, 8mm, 6.5mm, 5mm, 4mm and 2.5mm which pretty much covers the whole spectrum. Just a thought!!!! :)

Two more nice collections, the nagler zoom definitely intruiges me!

it's an amazing eyepiece. totally brilliant in my scopes for lunar and double stars. a bit too powerful most of the time for planets (267x on the 6mm setting) but I can (seriously) use it regularly on doubles at 400-500x in my 6" f11 newt.

Might be a bit to potent for your set up Adam. You have the 8" 1200mm don't you ?

Yes dont worry Nick I wont be getting one anytime soon ;):D. Among it being impracticle, my motherboard on my laptop has decided to melt :)

it's an amazing eyepiece. totally brilliant in my scopes for lunar and double stars. a bit too powerful most of the time for planets (267x on the 6mm setting) but I can (seriously) use it regularly on doubles at 400-500x in my 6" f11 newt.

I had my scope up to 400x for the first time last night, obviously wasn't realistic. But helped to prove my good collimation yippie!

im very happy with them they perform just like the others shorter focal length ones. 15mm is great on the moon and sun and i use the 25mm to find DSO and with starfields and milkyway. im still 4 short. 3.5mm, 5mm,7mm and 8mm to come but i may leave it now and head for a lovely 12mm nagler. DRIBBLE

im very happy with them they perform just like the others shorter focal length ones. 15mm is great on the moon and sun and i use the 25mm to find DSO and with starfields and milkyway. im still 4 short. 3.5mm, 5mm,7mm and 8mm to come but i may leave it now and head for a lovely 12mm nagler. DRIBBLE

I was very impressed with the 4 & 5mm I had but always wondered whether they would be as good in the longer FL's