Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What Would Be Your Answer To This Question?

refractordude

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Fear???

The Universe is an extremely dangerous environment in wich to survive, with the theme here of short answers, I'll leave this to your own research.

18 minutes ago, SIDO said:

The Universe is an extremely dangerous environment in wich to survive, with the theme here of short answers, I'll leave this to your own research.

Yeah true, thats why I look from a distance..... ?

22 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Like you, I would like to observe the universe from a distance ... but I just can't seem to get far enough outside it to do so ... :D

It is interesting that even astronomers often set themselves apart from it like its just outside that window over there, Earth Separation Anxiety Syndrome I think they call it ?

2 minutes ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

The neighbour's cat. :D 

John

Or those big as your hand Fishing Spiders we get here every fall just when the seeing starts to improve, I was more refering to a physiological fear of the known but we can include the spiders and the neighbors cat too ?

12 minutes ago, SIDO said:

Physiological fear.

I would classify my fear under this, I am aware of the cats presense but I sometimes forget to close the garage door, and the cats go in and try to get into the house itself. They did go right in once, but other times they will just hang about in there until I enter the completely dark garage then flash past me knocking stuff down. They are black cats, too, really creepy. ?

John

29 minutes ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

I would classify my fear under this, I am aware of the cats presense but I sometimes forget to close the garage door, and the cats go in and try to get into the house itself. They did go right in once, but other times they will just hang about in there until I enter the completely dark garage then flash past me knocking stuff down. They are black cats, too, really creepy. ?

John

The poster asked for a brief description regarding what one gets from observing the Universe, I gave a short but entirely honest answer so doing I admitted being human and have become the butt of jokes. Maybe my physcological well studied not physiological fear of an asteroid strike or a supernova maybe even a solar flare hot enough to burn the neighbor's kitty is illogical to you but for me these are very real threats and I could list hundreds more as the cosmos is littered with options here. 

Hot enough to burn the neighbor's kitty,  Ha hahaha / see there goes that I'm only human thing again ?

14 minutes ago, SIDO said:

The poster asked for a brief description regarding what one gets from observing the Universe, I gave a short but entirely honest answer so doing I admitted being human and have become the butt of jokes. Maybe my physcological well studied not physiological fear of an asteroid strike or a supernova maybe even a solar flare hot enough to burn the neighbor's kitty is illogical to you but for me these are very real threats and I could list hundreds more as the cosmos is littered with options here. 

Hot enough to burn the neighbor's kitty,  Ha hahaha / see there goes that I'm only human thing again ?

Not the butt of jokes, just a bit of gentle humour.  It is interesting the different responses people have. When I observe, I don’t actually imagine the violence of the events out there. It all just looks and feels very peaceful to me, perhaps my lack of imagination, but peaceful is how I feel when I observe. When trying to concentrate on pulling out detail I find my breathing slows right down, heart rate drops and I concentrate to a degree that I forget the stresses and strains of everyday life, that’s what it is about for me really.

Archived