Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I was daft enough to imagine that I could image the ISS at approx 4000mm FL, tracking it by eye. But I did it anyway and all I got was 8 frames of blur!

I think I can do it next time though, the key will be to make sure the finder is well aligned, press record and use the finder to track ahead of it far enough so that I can stop and let the vibrations settle.

So, for your entertainment pleasure:

DSC_0509_pipp_F1-8.gif.2b610b6fa418c6ad5e35f842df8d4ff7.gif

Well done John, the only way is up from here :grin:

I usually check on Stellarium to see if it's going past a bright star, focus on that and lie in wait then as it approaches fire off in high speed continuous JPEGs, works at least 50% of the time.

Dave

2 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Well done John, the only way is up from here :grin:

I usually check on Stellarium to see if it's going past a bright star, focus on that and lie in wait then as it approaches fire off in high speed continuous JPEGs, works at least 50% of the time.

Dave

That was my plan B for the next pass an hour later when ISS would pass within 1 degree of Vega but the clouds had come in by then. 

Hahaha veryyy Nice! Anyway, this one is really something new! :)

And It's not a Fail by any means! As you learned a lot :) 

Please post your second try in this treat! :)

P.S.

I tried to catch it once with my DOB, - it was like a meteor! :) Zzzzap, and it's gone! :)

Nice start!

17 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

That is a loooong focal length, its tricky at 2350mm to get a decent image. i have thought of Barlowing my C9.25 for the ISS, for a close up view. What camera are you using?

The Nikon of course ?

Archived