NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

15-07-2018 AR 2713 'The Return' Daystar Quark Chromosphere

Ewan

Nothing much to say about this 2 pane mosaic other than the best seeing I have had at my location.

After a few hundred gigabytes of captures this was the last set I took as the sun was getting lower, goes to show you can image late in the afternoon & get results.

Best 35% (I think) from 4000 frames captured using Genika Astro, stacked in AS!3 then sharpened in IMPPG.

Usual set up :-

152mm TecnoSky Refractor
135mm Baader D-ERF
Daystar Quark Chromosphere
Point Grey IMX174
Skywatcher AZEQ6-GT
Atb

AR2713 False Colour.jpg

AR2713 Mono.jpg

I don't even understand how this is possible with amateur equipment, i'm sorry, but is such resolution and incredibly fine detail even legal? lol, i am at a loss for words, i don't understand.

i have seen images from NASA and solar telescopes in orbit, costing hundreds of millions, which don't look this good, someone is pulling a fast one here.

This crosses the line from AP into fine art! simply sublime!

Nice image Ewan, just got back from a weekend away, took a few solar images that I've been sorting through and that reminds me I took some of that area but don't remember seeing them in the saved folder, must go have another look tomorrow.

Up all night until dawn 2 nights running so need to catch up on some sleep :grin:

Dave

Cracking images Ewan, amazing detail. Somehow the mono version for me allows a little more detail through, perhaps the contrast is just a smidge better? Or maybe I just need Peter's sunglasses :)

Having looked through Derek's Quark/152 f5.9 combo, I know just how well that works, lovely set up.

14 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I don't even understand how this is possible with amateur equipment, i'm sorry, but is such resolution and incredibly fine detail even legal? lol, i am at a loss for words, i don't understand.

i have seen images from NASA and solar telescopes in orbit, costing hundreds of millions, which don't look this good, someone is pulling a fast one here.

This crosses the line from AP into fine art! simply sublime!

Now that made me chuckle ;-), glad you liked it.

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Cracking images Ewan, amazing detail. Somehow the mono version for me allows a little more detail through, perhaps the contrast is just a smidge better? Or maybe I just need Peter's sunglasses :)

Having looked through Derek's Quark/152 f5.9 combo, I know just how well that works, lovely set up.

Your not wrong Stu & no you don't need Specsavers ;-), I prefer doing mono as it's very easy to lose the fine delicate details once it's false coloured, I know exactly what you mean.

18 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Nice image Ewan, just got back from a weekend away, took a few solar images that I've been sorting through and that reminds me I took some of that area but don't remember seeing them in the saved folder, must go have another look tomorrow.

Up all night until dawn 2 nights running so need to catch up on some sleep :grin:

Dave

Evening Dave ? . sleep sleep sleep eh. The missus keeps telling me to get back doing that night time astro graphinging thingy me bob lol but I need my sleep, im up at 5.30am ;-(

Any decisions on your Quark yet ?

I was really lucky 2 days on the trot with seeing, crystal clear skies Dave that I haven't seen in years.

Hi Ewan, will be sending it back to Daystar shortly, enquired of a couple of folk and theirs have Chromosphere marked on them so it seems strange that mine hasn't, mentioned it to them in my email but didn't get an answer, maybe if you enquire of Jen she can tell you if they are marked prom' or chromo'.

Watched an interesting YTube video featuring Jen explaining the workings of the Quark to a guy from GSO maybe, thought I'd bookmarked it and can't find it again now

I was at Burwash, not far from you so got the same weather :)

Dave

10 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Hi Ewan, will be sending it back to Daystar shortly, enquired of a couple of folk and theirs have Chromosphere marked on them so it seems strange that mine hasn't, mentioned it to them in my email but didn't get an answer, maybe if you enquire of Jen she can tell you if they are marked prom' or chromo'.

Watched an interesting YTube video featuring Jen explaining the workings of the Quark to a guy from GSO maybe, thought I'd bookmarked it and can't find it again now

I was at Burwash, not far from you so got the same weather :)

Dave

I explained to Tiffany about the unit not being marked & what I thought may have happened ie they sent the wrong unit out.

It just doesn't add up to me, exactly same settings I use to do images like above but if I had your unit they would have been over exposed, the settings files say it all.

Hope they sort it for you mate & I found quicker replies came through FB.

Archived