Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

mapstar

Welcome to all

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Taken last week in Lincolnshire first real go with a Altair 183c on a 200pds. Thanks to Vicky for her help at Kelling 

10F7BCA7-2754-4173-BC87-6B8627B6CC1F.jpeg

Nice image Mark. You well and truly beat me to it in our "M51 off" LOL.

I don't think I really did much to help, but I think we both got somewhere working through things together. We have both had successful first attempts with the Altair 183C. Beats faffing with those RGB filters! :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Nice image Mark. You well and truly beat me to it in our "M51 off" LOL.

I don't think I really did much to help, but I think we both got somewhere working through things together. We have both had successful first attempts with the Altair 183C. Beats faffing with those RGB filters! :)

I never intended to go down that route anyway 😂.

You helped a lot you might not think so but you did. Just a case of refining the process now to get the best out of the camera 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark62 said:

I never intended to go down that route anyway 😂.

You helped a lot you might not think so but you did. Just a case of refining the process now to get the best out of the camera 

Looking good for the Season Mark, great start !

eric

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Looking good for the Season Mark, great start !

eric

Thanks Eric. Keeping my fingers crossed 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Mark. Those 200pds scopes produce some good images

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Very nice Mark. Those 200pds scopes produce some good images

Cheers Damian. Any chance of you getting out soon ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Cheers Damian. Any chance of you getting out soon ?

Going to try moon might be waxing again but will keep an eye on the weather try for an hour or two.

Skye next new moon so hoping for some good nights 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Going to try moon might be waxing again but will keep an eye on the weather try for an hour or two.

Skye next new moon so hoping for some good nights 👍

Skye is awesome if you get clear sky’s. stunning place for photography also, wish I was going with you. So envious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Skye is awesome if you get clear sky’s. stunning place for photography also, wish I was going with you. So envious 

Third time lucky Mark I hope 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2018 at 13:04, Mark62 said:

Thanks Eric. Keeping my fingers crossed 

Ryan found a spot in North Yorks just between Snilsworth & Hawnby, looks a bit too far out for me to be honest, it is Bortle 4, same as Sutton Bank !

eric  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if there is much difference between Sutton Bank Visitor Centre or Bungdale Farm just past Scrawton regarding Sky condition.

Eric 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

Not sure if there is much difference between Sutton Bank Visitor Centre or Bungdale Farm just past Scrawton regarding Sky condition.

Eric 

Not as busy with undesirables Eric, ryan was bang on with his choice 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mapstar said:

Not as busy with undesirables Eric, ryan was bang on with his choice 

Probably give it a go when Ryan goes next time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well another clear night at near Full Moon

eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Well another clear night at near Full Moon

eric

Thought the same myself eric. Looks a cracking night 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Well another clear night at near Full Moon

eric

Yes and don’t it do your head in 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a regular occurrence, looks clear tonight also!!!!!!!!!!!

eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes crystal clear again with the devils lightbulb at full strength! 

Typical :angry5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at visiting North Yorks (Bungdale Farm) for a few hours  if weather ok next weekend

eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Looking at visiting North Yorks (Bungdale Farm) for a few hours  if weather ok next weekend

eric

In Skye next weekend Eric but keep my fingers crossed weather is good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed for you Damian up there, no doubt tremendous dark sky if clear, good luck .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeo, big man. Really hope the skies are good for you. I will send some if the clear skies from Galloway- after we have finished with them!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Thursday is member’s night at WADAS, and all forecasts point to it being a fairly clear night.

Is it worth folks bringing their gear down to Th’Old Mill and doing a session getting people set up / refreshed with platesolving / EQMod etc? Should be clear enough to set up outside the firedoor as we did for solar the other month... what do folks think?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to North Yorkshire weekend if anyone interested, Vicky & Dec said they are interested, Bungdale Farm probably, its safe, has WC facility and Bortle 4  rating.

Eric

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forecast for North Yorks didnt look good this morning for the weekend, but then again, they didn't forecast these strong winds we have had all day either !

eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Soupy
      As our home thread is getting pretty massive and can be a tad hard to follow at times, this will be the official thread for WADAS events.
      To make it easier for members and potential members and members of the public to follow and see what we are doing please only post relevant events related posts here, including, but not limited to, meetings, observing meet ups, star parties and other relevant events.
      Please keep posts to a miminum to make it easier to follow.
      Thanks
      Soupy
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.