Narrowband

Welcome to all

mapstar

Looks like tomorrow night (Saturday) might be a good night if anyone is planning on it? I’m gunna head up a bit later on so will plan to be up there around 11/11:30 but will be planning on leaving 4/5am if the weather stays good if anyone is up for it?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im definitely heading up there, im thinking of going to the place I went last time. It’s a really good spot! Loads of room for everyone, didn’t see anyone else passing the whole night I was there. 

5 minutes ago, mapstar said:

shots from Skye last night guys

Skye aurora

Cracking images there Damian. We'll turn you to the dark side yet! ;)

I didn't get up to the North Yorkshire Moors with the gang, however I had a successful night at home in the back yard. I'll post images later.

A few of the gang were thwarted with technical issues and dew, but Adam got a fantastic image of the Horse Head and Flame nebula, and Ryan was imaging dark nebula which I don't think he has processed as yet. Mark is hoping he's got some data after I'd helped him with a few settings via a quick phone call at midnight! He caught me making a midnight snack of buttered toast haha. So, I'm hoping he's got some data to have a look at too. Marc had technical issues, but got some nice wide field images so at least all was not lost. 

14 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Cracking images there Damian. We'll turn you to the dark side yet! ;) 

Cheers Vic. Tried my best but will never turn as it's too much faffing about.

The images didn't have much processing in them just a couple of tweaks in a DXO program. They didn't need it.

Tuesday and Wednesday night might be good for the scope fingers crossed.

8 hours ago, MattGoo said:

I've set up tonight, but packed up and come in, it seems to be really hazy and not at all good for imaging - even though it's clear (no clouds) it's like a pea soup and not a patch on last night.

Nice result Matt! Bet it felt good to get out with your gear :)

I really should have set up the night before last but I was having a real "can't be bothered night". I'm on later shift at work and Terry goes to college Tuesday nights, and I just got home and got settled in front of the TV.

It was Terry's birthday yesterday and it did look clear when we were stood outside in my in-laws back garden, but I commented that it looked like a haze or light fog in the air. I didn't try setting up as we didn't get home until 10.30pm and I'm up for a full day at work. Just about typical the sky is poor when there are no clouds and no moon!!! 

Let's hope we get some decent skies over the weekend whilst the moon is out of the way.

Hi guys.

The sky on Skye last night was thank fully clear but as Matt mention the transparency was poor.

We observed a lot of targets but they did not pop like we've seen them before. At just gone 4am we decided to call it a night. 

Hope to catch up with everyone soon.

That is a really interesting report D - have to admit I sat and read it last night and completely forgot to leave a comment on your other thread. I've really enjoyed your posts from your trip to Skye.

On a different note, did anyone else notice they used one of Kieran Midgley's Iridium flare images on this week's The Sky at Night programme?

19 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

That is a really interesting report D - have to admit I sat and read it last night and completely forgot to leave a comment on your other thread. I've really enjoyed your posts from your trip to Skye.

On a different note, did anyone else notice they used one of Kieran Midgley's Iridium flare images on this week's The Sky at Night programme?

I didn't think any of the WADAS crew had been reading any of our posts. No comments or reactions? 

Not seen S@N for a while now but glad he got an image up. 

Archived