Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

mapstar

Welcome to all

Recommended Posts

On 24/08/2018 at 07:25, Vicky050373 said:

It was great to see Eric and get out with the scope, and enjoy my first view of Saturn for this year. My Mars images didn't come out great, but I was reasonably happy with my Saturn image. I'm at Kelling Heath from 5th to 9th September, so hoping for some clear skies whilst I am there and blow the cobwebs from my gear. Have you got any upcoming events Damian?

image.jpeg

Only got Skye in Oct Vic, but going to try to get out each new moon as I've booked them all off at work. 

Going to try planning a camping trip in November 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone venturing out now that we are approaching dark nights , give me a shout plz, more than happy to join ou

Eric

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Anyone venturing out now that we are approaching dark nights , give me a shout plz, more than happy to join ou

Eric

Will do Eric, will be good to get out and do some observing 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still too near full moon but getting there. I'll be happy to make one. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at Kelling Heath Autumn Star Party from Wednesday to Sunday this week, so in preparation I took my scope and camera when we went to Wintersett this weekend with our caravan.

(Yes, we have a caravan now LOL)

Managed to have a proper play with my Altair Hypercam 183C Pro which Terry bought me when we went to NWAF earlier in the summer.

Albireo imaged 31.08.2018 using Altair Hypercam 183C Pro and Skywatcher Equinox 80ED. 20 x 30 second exposures.

Albireo 31082018.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

I'm at Kelling Heath Autumn Star Party from Wednesday to Sunday this week, so in preparation I took my scope and camera when we went to Wintersett this weekend with our caravan.

(Yes, we have a caravan now LOL)

Managed to have a proper play with my Altair Hypercam 183C Pro which Terry bought me when we went to NWAF earlier in the summer.

Albireo imaged 31.08.2018 using Altair Hypercam 183C Pro and Skywatcher Equinox 80ED. 20 x 30 second exposures.

Albireo 31082018.png

That's a lovely image Vicky. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

That's a lovely image Vicky. 

Thanks Eric - I think I could have got a bit more stauration in the colours, but I hate overprocessing my images.

I also imaged M31 The Andromeda Galaxy on Friday night
Altair Hypercam 183C Pro & Skywatcher Equinox 80ED
20 x 30 second exposures

The sky looked clear but it was really washed out and full of moisture. The Moon was also making itself known by the time I'd got onto this target, which didn't help.

I was just happy to be out with my scope next to our caravan :)

M31 The Andromeda Galaxy 31.08.2018.png

Caravan & Scope 31.08.2018.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice caravan where do you keep it

i gave up caravaning about 10 years ago

neil 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gtis said:

Nice caravan where do you keep it

i gave up caravaning about 10 years ago

neil 

Thanks Neil, it's really lovely. It is 19 years old but the previous owner really looked after it and it is beautifully clean and everything is in good order. It even came with 2 Bradcot awnings (one full size 935mm and one porch awning), and a motor mover! As they were giving up caravanning they even left everything in it, so we didn't need to buy anything. We managed to get a space down at the storage yard at Horbury Bridge which is really handy for us. We absolutely love it. 

I'm just packing ready for Kelling Heath Autumn Star Party. I'm going on my own so taking my car and little tent. Mark Jagger is coming down with his caravan this year, so I'm meeting him there tomorrow. My boot is already full with the tent, so I'm sat here wondering how I'm going to fit all this lot in the car! I take too much every year and only use half of it, but you can guarantee that the one year I leave gear at home is the year I wish I'd taken it. The forecast doesn't look good for the rest of the week, but things can soon change down there. I'll  make the most of it whatever the weather. 

Hopefully see you at the next WADAS meeting. It is Paul Money on 20th September opening our new season :)

image.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Neil, it's really lovely. It is 19 years old but the previous owner really looked after it and it is beautifully clean and everything is in good order. It even came with 2 Bradcot awnings (one full size 935mm and one porch awning), and a motor mover! As they were giving up caravanning they even left everything in it, so we didn't need to buy anything. We managed to get a space down at the storage yard at Horbury Bridge which is really handy for us. We absolutely love it. 

I'm just packing ready for Kelling Heath Autumn Star Party. I'm going on my own so taking my car and little tent. Mark Jagger is coming down with his caravan this year, so I'm meeting him there tomorrow. My boot is already full with the tent, so I'm sat here wondering how I'm going to fit all this lot in the car! I take too much every year and only use half of it, but you can guarantee that the one year I leave gear at home is the year I wish I'd taken it. The forecast doesn't look good for the rest of the week, but things can soon change down there. I'll  make the most of it whatever the weather. 

Hopefully see you at the next WADAS meeting. It is Paul Money on 20th September opening our new season :)

image.jpeg

Hi Vicky I think you need a bigger car don’t forget to make room for the beer

 Neil 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gtis said:

Hi Vicky I think you need a bigger car don’t forget to make room for the beer

 Neil 

Don't worry Neil, the food and beer/wine supplies are already packed in the boot next to the tent. Priorities, priorities :)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2018 at 10:00, mapstar said:

Still too near full moon but getting there. I'll be happy to make one. 

Moons out the way this weekend, Orion climbing in early hours , if its clear anyone venturing out anywhere, Sutton Bank etc ?

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Settled in at Kelling Heath Autumn Star Party. Clouded out last night, but it gave us a chance to have a catch up over a couple of pints. It's been beautiful weather with blue skies this morning (myself and Mark went into Cromer for an ice cream and a play on the 2p machines), but the rain has now come and we have mixed reports whether or not it'll clear tonight. All we can do is wait and see. It'll probably be a typical Kelling Heath star party when we spend more evenings chatting over a pint than we do viewing the stars! Ah, I guess it'll be fun either way :)

IMG_20180906_104519.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Settled in at Kelling Heath Autumn Star Party. Clouded out last night, but it gave us a chance to have a catch up over a couple of pints. It's been beautiful weather with blue skies this morning (myself and Mark went into Cromer for an ice cream and a play on the 2p machines), but the rain has now come and we have mixed reports whether or not it'll clear tonight. All we can do is wait and see. It'll probably be a typical Kelling Heath star party when we spend more evenings chatting over a pint than we do viewing the stars! Ah, I guess it'll be fun either way :)

IMG_20180906_104519.jpg

Thick black clouds over Ossett now. hope you get a good night there at least you are all set up and ready Vicky 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Settled in at Kelling Heath Autumn Star Party. Clouded out last night, but it gave us a chance to have a catch up over a couple of pints. It's been beautiful weather with blue skies this morning (myself and Mark went into Cromer for an ice cream and a play on the 2p machines), but the rain has now come and we have mixed reports whether or not it'll clear tonight. All we can do is wait and see. It'll probably be a typical Kelling Heath star party when we spend more evenings chatting over a pint than we do viewing the stars! Ah, I guess it'll be fun either way :)

IMG_20180906_104519.jpg

Looks like you're well set there Vic. Hope it gives you some clear weather 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking Clear tonight, (12/09/18) Moon out of the way also, anyone venturing out ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Looking Clear tonight, (12/09/18) Moon out of the way also, anyone venturing out ??

Unfortunately I'm off to Portugal for a few days Eric but it looks superb out and I can see I'm going to miss a treat.

Hopefully someone will venture out as it would be a waste of such a good night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Unfortunately I'm off to Portugal for a few days Eric but it looks superb out and I can see I'm going to miss a treat.

Hopefully someone will venture out as it would be a waste of such a good night.

Ha! Found you all (WADAS) at last. No idea where all the “clubs” threads are, since they changed things around.

Let the stalking begin🤓

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Unfortunately I'm off to Portugal for a few days Eric but it looks superb out and I can see I'm going to miss a treat.

Hopefully someone will venture out as it would be a waste of such a good night.

I'm set up in the backyard now Damian, Sky looks ok so far, have a great Portugal Trip.

Eric 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uplooker said:

Ha! Found you all (WADAS) at last. No idea where all the “clubs” threads are, since they changed things around.

Let the stalking begin🤓

Ian Clubs have a tab now on the top bar under the SGL banner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2STAR said:

I'm set up in the backyard now Damian, Sky looks ok so far, have a great Portugal Trip.

Eric 

I also decided to set up in my back yard and have another test run with the Altair 183C. Had problems with the guiding, then had problems with SharpCap. Shut down and restarted my laptop and now things seem to be going well. On with a run of 60 X 120 second exposures on Andromeda Galaxy before I have to pack everything away and hit the hay. Up early for work in the morning. Oh the joys of imaging from home where you can't leave anything unattended. Had more clear sky tonight than I did over 4 nights at Kelling Heath! Typical!

image.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Had a clear night so grabbed the opportunity to give the Altair Hypercam 183C Pro a proper try out. I'm really happy with how this camera performs and how easy it is to use. Had to be up early today for work so didn't have time for darks and flats etc.
M31 The Andromeda Galaxy 13.09.2018
Altair Hypercam 183C Pro and SkyWatcher Equinox 80 Pro ED
60 x 120, 5 x 240 & 6 x 300 Second Exposures

M31 13.09.2018.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Image Vicky, as you know my laptop just shut down on me and the FIT files I had recorded for M33/M37/M31 didn't come out at all well !!!, however, I did manage a Screen shot of my first target (glad I did), M33 The Triangulum Galaxy at Stacks of 48x 5secs, my firstlight really with the Skywatcher Espirit 80mm combined with the Atik Infinity Video Camera  , I think they should combine well when I get more familiar with the combination.

I used the UV/IR Filter borrowed from Vicky, don't know if it makes a difference as yet though.

Wednesday 12th 11:15 2018

Eric

 

TRIANGULUMEGUD.JPG

Edited by 2STAR
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice image Eric, but such a shame you lost your data. Did you get your laptop fixed OK?

Been having a play with my data, but there are turquoise and purple colours coming from somewhere! I'm happy with it though. Definitely enjoying the ease of use of the one shot colour camera :)

image.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taken last week in Lincolnshire first real go with a Altair 183c on a 200pds. Thanks to Vicky for her help at Kelling 

10F7BCA7-2754-4173-BC87-6B8627B6CC1F.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Soupy
      As our home thread is getting pretty massive and can be a tad hard to follow at times, this will be the official thread for WADAS events.
      To make it easier for members and potential members and members of the public to follow and see what we are doing please only post relevant events related posts here, including, but not limited to, meetings, observing meet ups, star parties and other relevant events.
      Please keep posts to a miminum to make it easier to follow.
      Thanks
      Soupy
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.