Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome to all

mapstar

18 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Taken last week in Lincolnshire first real go with a Altair 183c on a 200pds. Thanks to Vicky for her help at Kelling 

10F7BCA7-2754-4173-BC87-6B8627B6CC1F.jpeg

Nice image Mark. You well and truly beat me to it in our "M51 off" LOL.

I don't think I really did much to help, but I think we both got somewhere working through things together. We have both had successful first attempts with the Altair 183C. Beats faffing with those RGB filters! :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Nice image Mark. You well and truly beat me to it in our "M51 off" LOL.

I don't think I really did much to help, but I think we both got somewhere working through things together. We have both had successful first attempts with the Altair 183C. Beats faffing with those RGB filters! :)

I never intended to go down that route anyway ?.

You helped a lot you might not think so but you did. Just a case of refining the process now to get the best out of the camera 

4 hours ago, Mark62 said:

I never intended to go down that route anyway ?.

You helped a lot you might not think so but you did. Just a case of refining the process now to get the best out of the camera 

Looking good for the Season Mark, great start !

eric

27 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Cheers Damian. Any chance of you getting out soon ?

Going to try moon might be waxing again but will keep an eye on the weather try for an hour or two.

Skye next new moon so hoping for some good nights ?

36 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Going to try moon might be waxing again but will keep an eye on the weather try for an hour or two.

Skye next new moon so hoping for some good nights ?

Skye is awesome if you get clear sky’s. stunning place for photography also, wish I was going with you. So envious 

On 18/09/2018 at 13:04, Mark62 said:

Thanks Eric. Keeping my fingers crossed 

Ryan found a spot in North Yorks just between Snilsworth & Hawnby, looks a bit too far out for me to be honest, it is Bortle 4, same as Sutton Bank !

eric  

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

Not sure if there is much difference between Sutton Bank Visitor Centre or Bungdale Farm just past Scrawton regarding Sky condition.

Eric 

Not as busy with undesirables Eric, ryan was bang on with his choice 

So, Thursday is member’s night at WADAS, and all forecasts point to it being a fairly clear night.

Is it worth folks bringing their gear down to Th’Old Mill and doing a session getting people set up / refreshed with platesolving / EQMod etc? Should be clear enough to set up outside the firedoor as we did for solar the other month... what do folks think?

Archived