SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lunar X visible tonight - 22nd Feb 2018

Stu

First ever heads up in this section :)

The Lunar X (and V) will be visible tonight on the terminator. Timing I have from the post below is 18.07 UT, not sure if that is the start or best time, so look whenever you get the chance! Thanks to @67champ for the calculations.

The moon will be nice and high, 51.7 degrees at 18.07 so views, cloud permitting, should be great!

I will add these to the event calendar as soon as I can, will certainly put tonight's in right now.

Let us know how you go.

IMG_7117.PNG

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Looks hopeful. 

Does anyone know how long it will last?

Paul

I think it lasts around 4 hours Paul, but at the moment the only timing I have got is the 18.07 UT, which I THINK is the best time to view it, so it should be visible either side of that. I could be that it is the start, but not certain. Not much info about it around...

Amusingly enough, Google searches now point me back at this post. Very handy, not :) 

Jolly cold out there already. Tak is packed to go to a club night in West End tonight, so I popped the Heritage 130 on the Giro-WR which is permanently setup and had a quick look at the Moon, looking good already. I think I can see the V showing now, if I'm not horribly mistaken!

6 minutes ago, Peco4321 said:

I hope I can still get it later.  Fingers crossed as I really want to bag this feature. 

The spreadsheet I posted says ending around 10.20 but try as early as you can.

Kudos @Stu ! Thanks for spurring me into action.

I've finally seen the X and the V properly with my C90 Mak. The plan was to just to visual (for once - it's what I bought the mak for) but I accidentally took a load of pics...

Also saw M45 (averted poorly adapted eyes) and my first sight of the trapezium very clear at 48x but at 120x too fuzzy.

Archived