Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar X close up of area on terminator

Knighty2112

Close up of a reprocessed avi video images taken on 22nd February just gone, showing from the top the crater Rhaeticus, and running down the terminator to show the Lunar X formed from the combination of crater rims from the craters Purbach, La Caille & Blanchinus. The craters Stofler & Faraday can be seen just off the terminator at the bottom of the image. Image taken with my ZWO ASI 120 MC camera, using my Celestron Omni 120mm f8.3 refractor. Processed through PIPP, Registax, & tweeked in PS CC. Screenshot below image is taken from ios app Moon Globe HD for crater details.

Lunar_X_Reimage_25_02_18.thumb.png.234ae180964079d95c84753d2466e2bb.png

IMG_0398-photo-full.thumb.jpg.9191a5f9e868b265166ccac95f56cce9.jpg

42 minutes ago, Trevor N said:

Very nice shot Gus. Those 120 celestron omni have proved to be a cracking scope. Did you use the semi APO filter as well . Trevor

No, this was unfiltered in anyway. I am going to try filter images on the next chance I get, with the APO filter, and a moon filter to see which give best results.

Archived