SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Newish from Middlesex

Captain Scarlet

Hi everybody.

Although not a total forum or astronomer newbie, at 13 posts in, I'm not far off in either category. As a long-time birdwatcher, hobbyist photographer and childhood-latent astronomer I finally took the plunge to invest in some astro equipment when a couple of years ago I saw the dark skies that SW Ireland (Baltimore) has to offer - my wife is from there. The process of deciding what telescope etc to get involved quite a lot of passive trawling of this forum, so I though it only fair to try to get involved myself. Living near Kempton Park I've already bumped into someone from Walton Astronomy Group who's persuaded me to go along to one of their monthly pub-meets, later this month hopefully.

Anyway, as an inexperienced astronomer I expect I'll be bothering you with requests for lists and other advice...

Cheers, Magnus

Hi Magnus and welcome to SGL - This is a great forum and people are always helpful when you ask questions. Do use the search facility in case any issues you have have already been dealt with :) 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Welcome to the forum, marra!

This place has friendliness and cheer in abundance, with no shortage of help to be found and plenty of pretty photos in the challenge area. Looking forward to reading and seeing any offerings you bring to the table.

J xx

Archived