Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Warning...got scope out

nightfisher

Been so long i was a bit rusty but lovely and clear first thing (and cold) took a lot of single frames with 127 skymax and 1000D canon but could not polar align due to getting light, taken at 7.45 so this is a single frame as to much drift to stack, little bit of wavelets in regi 5 just to tidy it a little and saved as .png

IMG 09.png

22 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Sharp is that for a single Jules... makes me wonder why i was up till 2am when a single will do..

glad you got you scope time too.. 

Steve

Thanks Steve, did me a world of good to actually get scope out just for a short while, boosted my flagging mojo a lot as this was just a very quick set up, shoot, pack down

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Very nice Jules, good to see you getting out there.

Cheers Stu, i think last few months got so worked up about the light pollution/council/weather/and all other issues that i got a bit despondent, did not help that while waiting to see if council were going to take action, factory went and added more lights, but this goes to show what can be done in a very short time. Though not an outstanding image, it betters the standard i set myself a few years back

28 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Cheers Stu, i think last few months got so worked up about the light pollution/council/weather/and all other issues that i got a bit despondent, did not help that while waiting to see if council were going to take action, factory went and added more lights, but this goes to show what can be done in a very short time. Though not an outstanding image, it betters the standard i set myself a few years back

Agreed Jules. You love lunar imaging, and LP matters not one jot for that, so just remember what is possible.

10 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

The Moon is so fascinating and changes each day.

Which mount did you use?

Im back to the EQ5 with dual drive, its rock solid with the Maksutov and quicker to set up than the AZ goto

It's your image with your equipment from your garden with your environment, there will always be someone with a better thingmebob it doesn't stop me trying and sharing with what I've got,

Go for it, the challenges are a great place to see images taken with all sorts.

3 hours ago, nightfisher said:

Im back to the EQ5 with dual drive, its rock solid with the Maksutov and quicker to set up than the AZ goto

Actually for lunar, solar or planetary observing (and imaging), an EQ5 or Vixen GP type EQ mount is so quick and easy to setup. You don't need goto and the tracking with a very basic level & North is good enough for visual. A great option.

If you do not get angry I took the liberty of giving a small edit in your photo. I darkened the bottom and tried to sharpen it as the noise subsided.
The ideal would be to have the original photo and not a downloaded copy of the internet.
Once again I apologize for the intrusion!

4.png

Archived