Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help in astrophotography...

deepind

Hi all,

Whenever i took pictures attached to my telescope i get a big white flare in the middle..am using celestron astromaster 130eq with nikon d3200...i hv attached a sample image..please tell me y this happens? 

DSC_6012.JPG

"deepind" If I zoom your picture, I notice that the entire image is effected from the white flare.. I remember when I was in India " Bombay ", I could hardly use my  Camera + Lens out due to the humidity in the air outside, only in the aircondiotioned building or room I was able to take pictures....

Could it be ? the case ? that your equipment is effected by humidity ? and that is where from the white flare are from ?

Can you check that ??  but it looks like " vignetting " to me also..

Nartin

That kind of looks like something on the lens as in moisture, it maybe on the sensor protector glass.

The other thing is it looks square, are you getting that image through a glass window ?

As the 130P is not a dedicated imaging scope I would as 8472 has said suspect vignetting where the amount of light at the edge is reduced owing to something cutting into the light path and so reducing the edge illumination - the focuser is the most probable. Will also say that even if you got a dedicated imaging scope they may not illuminate the full sensor of a DSLR.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2017 at 10:09, artem said:

"deepind" If I zoom your picture, I notice that the entire image is effected from the white flare.. I remember when I was in India " Bombay ", I could hardly use my  Camera + Lens out due to the humidity in the air outside, only in the aircondiotioned building or room I was able to take pictures....

Could it be ? the case ? that your equipment is effected by humidity ? and that is where from the white flare are from ?

Can you check that ??  but it looks like " vignetting " to me also..

Nartin

I had a similar issue on holiday in southern India a few weeks ago.  Lots of 'misty' looking pictures and some that looked OK.

Archived