Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Luton Astronomical Society!

Jonathan Regan

Hi,

I have rather belatedly officially joined the Stargazers Lounge today (yippee!!).

My interests for over 50 years have been wide ranging across both practical and theoretical astronomy and cosmology, with a particular interest now in exoplanets and exobiology, having successfully completed courses in this area with both Boston and Harvard on the excellent edX platform set up by Harvard and MIT. 

For me, although the theoretical side gives context and intellectual stimulation, what it's really all about is eyeballing the Universe face to face and sharing the wonder of this with others!  My personal weapons of choice in this regard are my trusty 30 year old Vixen Custom-90M refractor and over 20 pairs of binoculars from firms such as Swarovski, Zeiss, Fujinon, Lunt and APM, among others.  Just as my wife persuades me to sell some, other inexplicably arrive! 

I was recently appointed as both a Committee Member and the New Member Liaison Officer for Luton Astronomical Society.  The Society was founded nearly 50 years ago and regularly meets at the University of Bedfordshire's Putteridge Bury Conference Centre for lectures, socials and observation, including the use of our own half metre rich-field telescope.  Outreach to both children and adults is one of our main activities and we very much welcome both beginners and seasoned amateurs/professionals, both as potential new members or just as curious guests!  You can find out more about the Society and it's activities at:  http://www.lutonastrolink.org.uk/  and feel free to contact me directly at any time . <private email and phone number removed>. We very much look forward to hearing from you and hopefully to seeing you soon!

Wishing you all clear skies!

Cheers,

Jonathan    

Hello Jonathan and welcome from land down under

They still let us convicts communicate with the outside world

Skywatcher ED80 on EQ5 mount, Skywatcher 10" collapsible dob

Committee member Southern Astronomy Society 

Archived