Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ammendent to disappointed

Oh wow! I know this is old hat for most of you but I have to tell someone.  My wife  and  I  finally  got  to  use our scope last night and on our first night we managed  to  see Saturn  and the cassini  division,  as well  as  Jupiter's  bands and four of the moons.  It was incredible  and  ano amazing  bonding  moment  for  us.   Thanks for the encouragement  from everyone  and yes it was well worth  the  wait.

Congratulations to both of you :).

Reading Your previous post ('Disappointed') and now this, really shows how this hobby can be both

really frustrating and the next moment most rewarding.

Rune

11 hours ago, Mr niall said:

almost looked like someone drew a tiny picture on the end of the telescope. Amazing stuff.

I def. found this with Saturn.  Jupiter is sufficiently 'fuzzy' in my opinion to actually be up there.  Saturn just looked like someone had dropped a perfect miniature model of the planet into the end of my scope.  Congrats on the viewing Sempei, in my Scope I could see the division in the ring structure that separates them from the planet itself i.e. it didn't all look like one conjoined ellipse, but I was unable to see the Cassini division, so you are doing better than I am.

Fantastic! although  I have never been too fussed by Saturn  myself, Jupiter always leaves me full of awe! and just think, you have only seen a small part of our own tiny soar system, you have the rest o the universe to explore now! hopefully you will have many jaw dropping moments ahead. 

I am so happy that i say Jupiter and Saturn for the first time ever in my life and also my daughter [i don't remember my other daughter saw them with us], so i hope by next year i will be busy in visual and imaging of planets more and more, but i understand the feeling of seeing those planets through the scopes, very exciting!

Archived