Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Proms from 25th March. First Ha of season.

Owmuchonomy

As you may have realised from other posts I was very busy day and night on 25th.  Make hay while the sun shines I say.  So I have only just got round to going through my Ha captures.  Here are two with some active proms and a couple of active regions taken two hours apart.  The prom near the top develops into what looks like a terrestrial tornado funnel maybe? Usual set up: Lunt 60Ha and ZWOASI174MM.

10:56am

Sunlimb1_25_3_17.thumb.jpg.f07a5635beeceb538206ac5e813dfe2d.jpg

1:02pm

Sunlimb25_3_17inv.thumb.jpg.abf3d11ef49f65a5d859809c06bb061a.jpg

How do you get your surface to be "fluffy" ?   ( almost a Flock wallpaper 3-D effect)  I'm liking it very much.   Do you double stack or use software routines ?

I'm new to H-Alpha and my first images are detailed but 'flat'.  ( btw I have a PST and mono CCD).   One of those 'How do they do that ?"'  questions  which leads to a bigger purchase !!  <gulp>

Sean.

37 minutes ago, Craney said:

How do you get your surface to be "fluffy" ?   ( almost a Flock wallpaper 3-D effect)  I'm liking it very much.   Do you double stack or use software routines ?

I'm new to H-Alpha and my first images are detailed but 'flat'.  ( btw I have a PST and mono CCD).   One of those 'How do they do that ?"'  questions  which leads to a bigger purchase !!  <gulp>

Sean.

Hi Sean. I'm not sure there is one thing I do that makes it "fluffy".  I don't double stack but probably the majority of the effect you describe is down to sharpening and Lucy-Richardson deconvolution, so software related.  As we are probably only a few miles away from each other I am happy to suggest a get together in which we can share processing routines.  Send me a pm if you fancy that and you think that would work. I am between Harrogate and Ripon.

Archived