Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 - 4,5 hours with DSLR and 150-PDS

MartinFransson

Finally I had a chance to image this classic "beginner" target. Turns out it wasn´t as easy as I thought :D

Anyway, here is my first version. Will probably try a "harder" edit further on. I know it looks a bit soft but I didn´t hit the noise reduction hard. Might be the result of slight out of focus? However, the stars look sharp enough.

Canon EOS 550D (modded)

Skywatcher 150-PDS

55*5 minutes at ISO800.

Pixinsight and Photoshop for stacking and editing.

M33_55x5min_test_final.jpg

Just now, MartinFransson said:

You´re gonna love it! I love mine but make sure you pair it with a good coma corrector. I use a Baader MPCC mkIII.

Yes you can get away with the SW one on the 130 and 200 but it causes some back focus issues on the 150PDS from what I have seen reported. 

11 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Nice colors I am guessing this is not using a light pollution filter from a reasonably dark location, I never get colour like that with my LP filter fitted.

Your guess is right. I don´t use a LP filter because I don´t like the colours and the added reflexes it creates. I don´t really live at a dark site but it´s a green zone anyway (according to the light pollution map).

26 minutes ago, MartinFransson said:

Your guess is right. I don´t use a LP filter because I don´t like the colours and the added reflexes it creates. I don´t really live at a dark site but it´s a green zone anyway (according to the light pollution map).

I live in a yellow zone and it makes my galaxies look purple not blue when I use my Astronomic CLS sigh. 

8 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Super work Martin, nothing not too like in there, nice balance of colour and detail and overall very well presented and processed image.

Nice demonstration of what can be done with a DLSR - I never got anywhere close to this with mine.

Paddy

Thanks a lot Paddy! 

8 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

I reckon that's just about perfect. Very nice indeed.

Cheers Spock! :)

Archived