SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

If I can escape tonight then I will. Got visitors coming. Might sneak out of the bathroom window lol

Are you a man or mouse. Just tell her your going out put your foot down man. 

If you don't I will tell your wife what you were saying about her on Thursday 

Ok, has anyone got an accurate forecast for Winscar tonight? When I've just checked it doesn't look good for Winscar, but looks clear for Wakefield? I'm all up for coming to Winscar if it is going to be clear. Would much rather have a viewing/imaging/testing session with "the gang". We'll have a good night if there are a few of us there.

Neil - bring your Star Adventurer. I should be able to help out as I've used mine successfully. Mark has too, so I'm sure one of us will be able to help you out :)

Which forecast did you look at. The met office has it cloudy at dunford bridge. Everyone else seems to say it's clear skies tonight. Clear outside has it clear from 7 to about 2am with a little cloud around 11pm. 

The met office has barnsley as clear tonight. So who do you belive 

I've checked a couple, but I've decided I'm heading down regardless. Need a night out with the scope. Going to try the WO110 on the HEQ5 for a bit of visual and to try the DSLR out. Going to try to get well PA'd and see how well I stop on target without autoguiding. Want to have a go at M57 with the DSLR. Then I found a Baader UHC filter I didn't know I had when I was sorting out my kit box. Thought it was part of the imaging filters so never checked what it was. Anyway, want to try that visually on the veil and ring nebula if the moon isn't too bright. Got a few things to test and sort and it's always better being with your astro mates :)

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

I've checked a couple, but I've decided I'm heading down regardless. Need a night out with the scope. Going to try the WO110 on the HEQ5 for a bit of visual and to try the DSLR out. Going to try to get well PA'd and see how well I stop on target without autoguiding. Want to have a go at M57 with the DSLR. Then I found a Baader UHC filter I didn't know I had when I was sorting out my kit box. Thought it was part of the imaging filters so never checked what it was. Anyway, want to try that visually on the veil and ring nebula if the moon isn't too bright. Got a few things to test and sort and it's always better being with your astro mates :)

I am definitely going , be there around 8pm, most forecast's look decent

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Ok, has anyone got an accurate forecast for Winscar tonight?

I've checked on the caterpillars and they are mostly red, it'll be fine. I'm going to aim to be there around 9:15, then leave about 12 so the rest of you can have some clear skies ;)

Hope all goes well Soupy and Ozzy recovers quickly.

Well tonight was a wash out and if it wasn't for the company would've been a total bust.

Thanks to Vicky, Eric, Mark, Neil, Lee and Albert for turning up. A very poor sky gave little of the secrets of the deep skies.

Home for just gone 12 the sky is the same moisture filled heaviness as Winscar no real wows.

Thanks guys for turning out.

Archived