Sol 15-8-16 09.00 new cu pics added.

xtreemchaos

lovely wall to wall sunshine here in south wales today, but the seeing isnt the best but ill take it. 60 frames outa 200 staxed with regi, and adjusted in photoshop. kit- 120mm f5 frac. 1.5x barlow ND moon filter,lunt wedge, 1200d in 1:1 crop mode and mono. if the seeing inproves i will try some close ups with the big frac and update, thanks for looking, clear skys charl.

mono-

sol 15-8-16 09.00.png

coloured-

sol 15-8-16 09.00 col.png

invert-

sol 15-8-16 09.00 inv.png

crop coloured-sol 15-8-16 09.00 cu1 col.png

close ups with AR127Lf9.5, the seeing at hi mag is poor but i used my shutter count so got to post to keep the universe in ballance.

sol cu 15-8-16 10.40 1 col.png

and a artistic one-

cu2 -19 ss.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another nice set Charl. Nice sunny morning here early on. Seeing was not great but passable. Got my disc sketch and sketches of the ARs. Now to take my first images with new camera. Got all set up and guess what. The clouds rolled in. Just hope it clears a bit later.

Excellent shots for the conditions you have charl, I hope things improve for you.  Here, there are many cumulus clouds with blue bits, but these are very hazy and hardly worth looking at the moment.  I'm hoping it will improve later.

3 hours ago, laudropb said:

Another nice set Charl. Nice sunny morning here early on. Seeing was not great but passable. Got my disc sketch and sketches of the ARs. Now to take my first images with new camera. Got all set up and guess what. The clouds rolled in. Just hope it clears a bit later.

Hope it clears for you John. You've had the camera for a while so you've paid your new purchase cloud tax already haven't you. 

Nice pics charl. Your and Paul's images motivated me to put the scope out for the first time in ages. Seeing atrocious but some nice activity going on. Nice little spots in the new active region just appearing which bodes well.

Nicely done Charl, just catching up on solar after my disastrous trip, CV joint disintegrated on the M11 and had to get lifted home by the AA.

Solar rig still in pieces so all you folks with Sun can thank me for my sacrifice :grin:

Thanks to everybody for their solar image contributions over the last few days, have to use the phone to look and posting anything with it is a nightmare.

Dave

Archived