Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

39 minutes ago, josefk said:

Gratuitous shot of the mk2 DIY dew shield (camping mat - matt black on the inside) - not as good as the mk1 variant (kitchen worktop heat deflector). I think mk1 introduces glare, mk2 curls over and into the line of sight. Mk3 will be bought fit for purpose!

IMG_3357.thumb.jpeg.07e0429b85356ab072ce49931d3d03fb.jpeg

My eyes can’t be pried from that awesome…is that a rover? whatever it is, I love it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

My eyes can’t be pried from that awesome…is that a rover? whatever it is, I love it!

It's a Land Rover and my motorised wheel barrow for chunky astro gear - this spot is just a little bit out of the town i live in and super for longer sessions. Being high sided the Land Rover it makes a good windbreak too!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, josefk said:

It's a Land Rover and my motorised wheel barrow for chunky astro gear - this spot is just a little bit out of the town i live in and super for longer sessions. Being high sided the Land Rover it makes a good windbreak too!

Those old rovers are beautiful, I call them Serengeti rovers.😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Scarlet said:

This was my Orion-Helmerichs 200 newt on Skytee2, after Mars’ occultation but before re-emergence. Quite incredible the image-stabilization and quality of mobile phone cameras these days. They were 2-3 second handheld exposures!

Magnus

4E863CF2-DC03-4920-8F3A-6F63E310AE97.jpeg

6CA8CEAA-82BC-4C57-A912-F47BBADB071D.jpeg

I'd like to be there now... 🤩

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Captain Scarlet said:

This was my Orion-Helmerichs 200 newt on Skytee2, after Mars’ occultation but before re-emergence. Quite incredible the image-stabilization and quality of mobile phone cameras these days. They were 2-3 second handheld exposures!

Magnus

4E863CF2-DC03-4920-8F3A-6F63E310AE97.jpeg

6CA8CEAA-82BC-4C57-A912-F47BBADB071D.jpeg

That is an amazing location you have there 😀

I thought our farm location wasn't half bad, but that looks like it get's nicely dark 😁

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

That is an amazing location you have there 😀

I thought our farm location wasn't half bad, but that looks like it get's nicely dark 😁

At Easter when the Milky Way is away from zenith I generally can measure 22.0 on a good night. In summer, 21.5 ish. A definite factor when agreeing to move out here 🙂

The only drawback is this thing called Irish Weather. We get everything the N Atlantic can offer.

But on the good nights … my God.

M

• Like 4

Out with the “big guns” this evening… for Mars, Jupiter and the Moon 😍

Mewlon just about cooled now… give it another ten minutes and then testing the new MaxBright II binoviewer (with 2x Hyperion Zoom) 🤞

Not that I need it tonight, but always super impressed with how quickly the Nexus DSC Pro aligns 👍I’m loving “push to” 😃

9FA8480F-5FBA-4511-A450-90D29EFFF8EC.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, HollyHound said:

Out with the “big guns” this evening… for Mars, Jupiter and the Moon 😍

Mewlon just about cooled now… give it another ten minutes and then testing the new MaxBright II binoviewer (with 2x Hyperion Zoom) 🤞

Not that I need it tonight, but always super impressed with how quickly the Nexus DSC Pro aligns 👍I’m loving “push to” 😃

9FA8480F-5FBA-4511-A450-90D29EFFF8EC.jpeg

Looks amazing. Happy viewing!

• Thanks 1

After two nights wrestling with my venture into EEVA which was spent with all the technicalities that entails. I decided that tonight was going to be a dobsonian night. A really, really COLD dobsonian night 🥶🥶

311772129_Screenshot_20221210-0309142.png.7e337fcd7a61cfe0ec4581a206558d56.png

I think the camera on my phone was starting to freeze up 

Edited by bosun21
Typo
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Ratlet said:

Set up in the plant beds with the 130PDS.  Illuminated with a sacralicious green light.  Not that the light made much of a difference with the full moon out!

PXL_20221209_231409144.jpg

But what about the new moon? You seem to have not too much choice of direction.

1 hour ago, Vroobel said:

But what about the new moon? You seem to have not too much choice of direction.

The head torch does both.  I find the green light is really good for setting up my imaging rig as it casts some pretty intense shadows and makes it easier to see cables and sockets without the light being as intense as the white light.  It's still quite dim.

If I'm doing sketching I've got a different head torch which is borderline useless as I stuck too many layers of gels over it to dim it down.  It's great for sketching though as it really helps preserve dark adaption.

• Like 1

First light for eq6r-Pro no 2. After a brief affair with a zwo am5, we parted company, and a decided to go with old faithful.

Not great forecast tonight, but just wanted to get it tried out!

2 eq6rs, 2 asi2600s. One tonight with a sy135,  the other with a redcat

20221210_173527.jpg

20221210_173108.jpg

• Like 6