SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sol 5-7-16 09.15 with updated image

xtreemchaos

sorry guys no spots, i felt sure there was one yesterday,but i thought wrong. smash and grab thismorrning, fast moving cloud and not a lot of blue bits.taken with 120mm frac, 1.5x barlow,lunt wedge, Nd moon filter, 1200d in mono and crop mode, 48 frames staxed with regi. thanks for looking, clear skys  charl.

Sol 5-7-16 09.15 col.png

Sol 5-7-16 09.15 bnw.png

this mono was taken at 10.30 with less cloud and seeings inproved. the blacks off because of window frame in shot.

sol 5-7-16 10.30 bnw.png

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Michael, my seeing isnt the best mate, sols very wobberly through the eyepeice fazing in and out ,i took 250 frames and rejected 200 due to cloud and seeing so the could be something lurking what i didnt pick up.clear skys charl.

Nice disk Charl. I think there is a small spot/ pore hiding in there. Got brief glimpses in moments of good seeing. The cloud cover here is only about 30% so hopeful I will be able to keep an eye on it for a bit.

18 minutes ago, cshahar said:

That is a spanking clean disk Charl. Spotless is the new "in".

-Charles

It's not quite spotless fortunately. Visually there is a small spot in the faculae which has just appeared on the limb, and there is a small group of three spots/pores in the centre of the disk. Have a go and see if you can see/image them. Hopefully @michael.h.f.wilkinson might catch it if he gets some clear sky.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

It's not quite spotless fortunately. Visually there is a small spot in the faculae which has just appeared on the limb, and there is a small group of three spots/pores in the centre of the disk. Have a go and see if you can see/image them. Hopefully @michael.h.f.wilkinson might catch it if he gets some clear sky.

How about a nice iPhone image Stu :grin:

Dave

2 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

How about a nice iPhone image Stu :grin:

Dave

I just tried Dave and it was an epic fail because the cloud came over before I could get focused. I'll try again, might be tough though, it is not big!

3 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

blacks off because of window frame in shot.

So you really do shoot from indoors?? I thought that was a joke! Great images, as always

Iain 

thanks  Iain,

8 minutes ago, Iainp said:

So you really do shoot from indoors?? I thought that was a joke! Great images, as always

yer mate, i have Lupus which dont let me go out in sunlight, but is all cool ,ive had it all my life, and its only got bad enoth to keep me in through the day in the last 5 year or so. shooting from behind a curtain and through a open window ant too hard, its the time i have to do it ,which in summer sols only in range for 2 hours. clear skys  charl.

3 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Promised some late afternoon Sun by local radio so set up ready, not looking very likely ATM.

Dave

Good luck Dave, you deserve some clear sky!

3 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks  Iain,

yer mate, i have Lupus which dont let me go out in sunlight, but is all cool ,ive had it all my life, and its only got bad enoth to keep me in through the day in the last 5 year or so. shooting from behind a curtain and through a open window ant too hard, its the time i have to do it ,which in summer sols only in range for 2 hours. clear skys  charl.

Astronomy is the ideal hobby for someone with lupus - so you have to go and get into solar!

34 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Astronomy is the ideal hobby for someone with lupus - so you have to go and get into solar!

better the devil you know Neil, i like a challange, ive enjoyed night skywatching for over 40 years, and i needed something to do through the day, id done quite alot of solar vis in the past, so last November i started taking solar images, and havnt looked back. charl.

Archived