NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

THE FAULKS 20" F4 DOB BUILD

faulksy

cell is finished yipeee. just need to make 3 spacers in work tomorrow and it can then be striped and all the parts can be sent away for anodizing. to say im happy about the cell is a understatement the motion of the colimation is very smooth and i cant believe how much articulation there is in all planes. as some might know the support triangles and wiffle tree edge supports only hold the mirror flat with equal support to eliminate totally and astigmatism, the cell is totally independant of the frame and it is the cell that moves to colimate . heres some pics of it finished

plan view top side

DSC_0114_1.jpg

bottom side

DSC_0116_3.jpg

colimation bolts under side, these will be replaced with thumb screws

DSC_0117_3.jpg

these are the knobs

DSC_0119_1.jpg

DSC_0117_3.jpg

DSC_0115_2.jpg

hope you like

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, estwing said:

be ready for dobfest the summer bash....

Does it need to be ready for that?

Isn't "dobfest the summer bash" just a drinking game? :rolleyes2:

• Like 3

just came of the phone to 00 and 2 lots of good news, my secondary should be ready friday providing it tests above 1/10, and my mirror set stays at there old price as it has now gone up in price by just over 1k . how lucky am i

• Like 4

1 hour ago, faulksy said:

just came of the phone to 00 and 2 lots of good news, my secondary should be ready friday providing it tests above 1/10, and my mirror set stays at there old price as it has now gone up in price by just over 1k . how lucky am i

Surely the price should be struck when you place the order? (as it seems to have been in this instance)

I don't think that is luck, I think it is how business should be done :wink:

• Like 5

small update/rant/moan.

e mailed 00 today ,to ask if i could pick up my secondary tomorrow, they replied just before they shut saying the fella who works on them had to go due to a family emergency .

just checked my bank account to see what date i placed my order for my mirror set and its been 9 weeks 4 days or 1584 hours they said 8 - 10 weeks and its still not ready. im not desperate for it but it would be nice to be updated. very poor customer service :sad:

1 hour ago, faulksy said:

very true derek. i was picking it up :angry5::happy11:

I'm just up the road mike. call in for a brew if ya fancy.  I'll show ya what a proper (AP) set-up looks like :D

• Like 1