Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

Damian, Please don't take this personally, but I think you should make an appointment to see a  psychologist. Now don't be alarmed if you see a white coat with straps, it is just for your own protection. Those nice people will give you a little help to make you sleep and you will wake up all cosy in a nice warm bed. They wiil have you better in no time. :evil4:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its downhill all the way after tonight woo whooo! Dark skies here we come, can't wait for those winter wonders.

Look out for the Strawberry DLB I'm sure it'll make for some nice photo's

Lovely capture Eric and good luck with learning all about PS Elements 11. So much to learn, but it's all good fun.

Well, the sky suddenly clouded over my way tonight. Didn't managed to take any images of the moon. Can't see a thing up there now :(

6 hours ago, mapstar said:

Well its downhill all the way after tonight woo whooo! Dark skies here we come, can't wait for those winter wonders.

Look out for the Strawberry DLB I'm sure it'll make for some nice photo's

yep, fingers crossed for clear skies. looking forward to going up to northumberland in august and hopefully get some clear skies!!

Just a reminder that it is the Horbury Show tomorrow, Sunday 26th June, from 11am to 4.30pm. We will have solar telescopes to show the public our nearest star. We also have solar glasses, diffraction gratings to show how visible light works and a meteorite so you can hold something that is older than the Earth itself. If any of our members are available to help man the stall for an hour or so during the day please let me know :)

We’ll hopefully be popping up for an hour first thing, or coming down at around 2.30pm (more likely) - gotta stay in and wait for the ENS Optical fella to deliver the Dob...! (So, er, yeah - if it’s cloudy as hell, that’ll be my fault. Soz.)

Had a brilliant day at the Horbury Show with the WADAS gang promoting our awesome society. The clouds pretty much stayed away until 3.30pm meaning we could use our solar scopes most of the day. There were some beautiful prominences to view today and visitors to the stand were amazed at the detail that could be seen through the h-alpha scopes. Thank you everyone who gave their time to man the stall. We certainly generated a lot of interest and it'd be great to have some new visitors at upcoming meetings who have been introduced to the society today.

Brilliant day with the solar scopes showing the public our nearest star. The amount of wows we got was good to hear

Hurricane sounded and looked fantastic paying tribute to the people of Horbury for their contribution during WW11.

The gang turned out in force and many thanks to all for supporting what was an enjoyable (if sunburnt) day.

Archived