Hello from Sweden

Peder

Hi All,

I belong to the "space generation" who were kids during the Apollo missions, so I suppose that I have been interested in space related subjects my entire life. Some years ago I got the chance to view the sky over the Grand Canyon through the scope of one of the park rangers who was an amateur astronomer. That sparked the interest in astronomy and two years ago I bought an SW 130P on an EQ2 from Robert Dalby (who some of you might know) who operates a shop an hours ride from where I live. My younger brother owned an old Celestron C8 on a Vixen SP mount which I bought from him at fair price last year. The current project is to put it on my recently purchased HEQ5 Pro Goto mount (the fitting has to be changed) and collimate the C8 to give me crisp views through the eyepiece.

I live in a house in a small village in southern Sweden with moderate light pollution. I share some of the weather problems that you Brits have since the weather here in the south near Copenhagen is rather humid in the winter.

I hope to be able to contribute in a meaningful way as my experience grows.

Hello Peder, welcome to the forum.

I had 130P on EQ2 mount as my starter scope too:smiley: It bagged me some 50 Messiers in my backyard, and got me hooked. Enjoy your sky adventure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived