NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from sunny Scotland

Swisscheese

Hello everybody,

I am quite excited joining stargazers lounge. I have been reading posts for a long time now and received a lot of hints and tips by reading but never signed up. English is not my first language, so, apologies for any grammar mistakes. I am doing astronomy for a about 10 years now but got more serious about it for the past two years. I am using an Ascension 127 triplet for the night sky but I am very keen in solar astronomy and have a Lunt 152 which is just phenomenal to use. One of the reason for signing up is that I am looking after the newly created solar group for the Ayrshire Astronomical Society and I am organising pop up solar astronomy days. Maybe we have some members close by who might be interested in such events. I would definitely keep you updated here.

I am looking forward to good discussions and more exchange of hints and tips.

Isabelle

Welcome Isabelle, you've got the right place for hints, tips and advice and in spreading word about events, it's a great forum.  Just a small request - be careful about telling everybody that Scotland is really sunny - now everybody will want to move here:happy7: Whatever you do, don't tell them that midgies don't really exist!

Jim

Hello and welcome, indeed! A Lunt 152!?

I am honoured to be in your presence, even if only via cyberspace.

The views (when it IS 'sunny Scotland') must be wonderful through that scope. Must try to time any visit to Ayrshire to coincide with a society meeting and sunshine. Now that would be a triple conjunction of some distinction!

I do hope you enjoy the forum, Isabelle.

Archived