Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I didn't copy honest. galaxy imaging rig.

so here it its. took me 1 week to find all the parts second hand and just under 1000 miles in the car. 

now i remember when @johnrt first wrote his review on the RC6 . at the time i thought 6inch ahhh thats way too small as most noobs i thought i needed a massive scope to capture better images. how john has proved me wrong, so much that i have decided to copy some of his set up in hope that i too can capture some faint photons from distant galaxy's and turn them into wonderful images half as good as johns.

he has helped me put this kit together and deserves alot of credit as he is top bloke.

Dan   

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

1 minute ago, tich said:

Looks nice Dan I'm looking at getting an RC when the obsy gets built, might have to have a nose at it in Hereford if you're bringing the kit down with you ;-)

oh yes i will!  come over and have a look.

im currently trying to get ascom setup ive er...... sort of forgotten a hell of a lot of stuff lol feel good to back. 

You're very kind Dan,

Looks fantastic and raring to go, I'm really looking forward to seeing some images from your rig.

But I do have 1 question for you..... How secure and locked down is your finder scope in that bracket for guiding?

John

Just now, johnrt said:

You're very kind Dan,

Looks fantastic and raring to go, I'm really looking forward to seeing some images from your rig.

But I do have 1 question for you..... How secure and locked down is your finder scope in that bracket for guiding?

John

just temporary john untill i can afford 1 of them kits from the U.S . i will swap the dovtails around and mount a st 80 on top. ive used a finder guider before so should get me up and running for the time being

3 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

oh yes i will!  come over and have a look.

im currently trying to get ascom setup ive er...... sort of forgotten a hell of a lot of stuff lol feel good to back. 

Yeah it took me a couple of hours for Ascom to talk to the mount then all of a sudden it just worked, technology eh? Mind you I haven't been out for an imaging session since the Brecons last October, I'm hoping to give the new mount a workout while I'm there but with all this new kit that's coming down I think I might as well bring loads of beer lol.

Very nice setup, well chosen. My RC6 came as a job lot with a CG5 and turned out to be so good it replaced my C8 for video astronomy / EAA. Compact, quick cool down, no tube currents, no mirror flop, good range of focus with the extension tubes and good quality optics. Wish I had a feathertouch though! :)

Looking good Dan.

Did you buy the RC from Roger in Bedfordshire?

If so it will be in top condition as he looks after his stuff. Thats the scope you missed out on Tich!

I'm still using your old HEQ5 Dan, with the belt mod these days though.

17 minutes ago, andyboy1970 said:

Looking good Dan.

If so it will be in top condition as he looks after his stuff. Thats the scope you missed out on Tich!

I'm in no hurry for one just yet Andy need to get the obsy built first plus I need to do more homework about them as I've heard collimating can be a right mare with these, which they probably would be with my ham fistedness lol

2 hours ago, andyboy1970 said:

Looking good Dan.

No Andy I bought firm a chap in Lancaster  £440 with the focuser think I got a good deal.

how is the belt mod Andy easy to do?

1 hour ago, tich said:

I'm in no hurry for one just yet Andy need to get the obsy built first plus I need to do more homework about them as I've heard collimating can be a right mare with these, which they probably would be with my ham fistedness lol

titch it's just like doing a newt

Archived