SHOW US YOUR SOLAR STUFF

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
On 4/21/2016 at 22:07, GreatAttractor said:

My cannon for this season (90 mm + Lunt LS50THa etalon assembly):

mod.JPG

This is just tempting me into a dismantle and donor scope mod, but it terrifies me because I may end up with nothing at the end but bits everywhere !

12 minutes ago, jabeoo1 said:

but it terrifies me because I may end up with nothing at the end but bits everywhere !

With these particular scopes – not likely ;) Here's the description of my mod: https://solarchatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19238

It’s completely non-destructive, you just need to get the adapter length right.

12 minutes ago, GreatAttractor said:

With these particular scopes – not likely ;) Here's the description of my mod: https://solarchatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19238

It’s completely non-destructive, you just need to get the adapter length right.

Link seems to be broken from here. (Links Working now). Does it improve the scope enough visually for it to be worth my sweat, that is in comparison to the stock single stack 50mm? 

I'd say it's worth it, you get almost twice the resolution (at the cost of not being able to see the whole disc at once this way, just a fragment). Note however that the image is still single-stackish, just like in Lunt 50, i.e. not too great a contrast, you have to look for a few seconds to start noticing fine structures (and fine they are! especially with big proms and sunspots boiling near the limb).

• 1 month later...

Here is mine, no Ha first light yet with the LS60THa...

As for eyepieces, just some plossls and a 13mm nagler which all seem to work well with solar. 

I want to get a lunt WL diagonal and Baader SC filter for my also new Equinox 80ED and dual mount them on my AZEQ6

IMG_20170225_172105.jpg

On 16/01/2017 at 17:56, mariosi said:

My solar stuff.  Binoviewers + pencils for sketching :smiley:

Marios 

Sidewalk Astronomers.png

Nice!! I've one of those solar projectors - it's a clever little thing that gives really quite enjoyable views of sunspots for €50!  Takes 5 seconds to set up, and perfect for showing the kids :)

I've toyed with getting a PST - some seriously impressive setups here!

3 hours ago, Tyson M said:

Here is mine, no Ha first light yet with the LS60THa...

As for eyepieces, just some plossls and a 13mm nagler which all seem to work well with solar. 

I want to get a lunt WL diagonal and Baader SC filter for my also new Equinox 80ED and dual mount them on my AZEQ6

What a neat portable setup. But, for home observing, White light and Ha side by side is the only way to go! Have a try with a decent zoom eyepiece if you have one to hand.

Paul

Archived