Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SHOW US YOUR SOLAR STUFF

I have been selling a few things this week to fund the purchase of my new Daystar Quark Chromosphere Eyepiece :cool:

Here she is in my Solar case...

IMG_4052.jpg.372f9e88cdfa47a1b3d0917330c

Looking forward to Spring :grin:

Do you have a case of solar stuff? If so - post it here and let us all drool over an abundance of kit none of us can use :lol:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice Derek.

I'm new to this solar stuf. What does the didy little scope at the top do? And what do the filters do?

You've got to love their marketing. A bit of solar film in a home brew holder is "Cheap". One of these babies is worth more than all my scopes and binoculars put together!!

Enjoy.

image.jpg.771ec139f7a37de804eb5ea7db9a9d

Yes, I did have to take a deep breath when pulling the trigger on this "cheap" little gem, Paul - a bit of misguided marketing I think.

The scope at the top is a Lunt 50Ha. Three of the filters are for the Baader Herschel Wedge (all different grades of ND filters) that allow you to regulate the brightness of the image. I must confess I have only used the pre-fitted 3.0 filter and have not tried the others, but they are really aimed at imaging. The fourth filter is an energy rejection filter that goes on the front of the diagonal when using the Quark.

Has anyone seen the Sun recently? :rolleyes:

Ok. So here is my solar gear. White light only for the moment. I stick this lot onto the back of an SW ED80 the Solar Continuum with the built in wedge filter seems to dim things sufficiently.

The views are startlingly good.

Paul

image.thumb.jpg.997092a5c2647e6c622087a2

17 hours ago, DRT said:

I have been selling a few things this week to fund the purchase of my new Daystar Quark Chromosphere Eyepiece :cool:

Here she is in my Solar case...

IMG_4052.jpg.372f9e88cdfa47a1b3d0917330c

Looking forward to Spring :grin:

Do you have a case of solar stuff? If so - post it here and let us all drool over an abundance of kit none of us can use :lol:

That's definitely how you pack for the summer holidays..  I do like the look of those 50mm's..

lovely collection.

• 1 month later...

This is my setup now. Tak FC-100D, Vixen GP mount with GotoNova on an EQ6 tripod with half pillar. Baader Zeiss wedge, Binoviewers and 25mm Orthos. Seeing not brilliant but nice views this morning.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks great you 2, great set ups!

I've got cracking sun here but no action... The good lady is out being pampered and I'm home trying to decorate and look after a 17 month old.. (that scenario seems to be developing in to a bit of a habit lately!)

Clear sky's

Steve

10 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Looks great you 2, great set ups!

I've got cracking sun here but no action... The good lady is out being pampered and I'm home trying to decorate and look after a 17 month old.. (that scenario seems to be developing in to a bit of a habit lately!)

Clear sky's

Steve

You have my sympathies, Steve. Try not to think of me sitting in the sunshine with this nice cold glass of beer - it will only put you off from enjoying the decorating :lol:

Jeeee thanks Derek... sounds idyllic, sitting in the sun with a beer... think I saw that once in a holiday brochure.. oh that would be the life..

(Joined you for a beer by the way, weak willed you see...!)

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Archived