Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome to the new SGL!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, StarlightKnight said:

Unfortunately I belong to the more mature age bracket and find the new font MUCH TOO SMALL

Can we please have a larger font ??? The original one was perfect.

Don

If you're on PC, try holding down CTRL and scroll in.

If you're on mobile, try pinching the screen and then spreading your fingers.

Perhaps an "Old person" setting is needed! :wink: I haven't noticed the difference in text size, personally... But wasn't it size 14 before? If it's size 12 now it can't be that much of a difference...

3 minutes ago, pipnina said:

If you're on mobile, try pinching the screen and then spreading your fingers.

The problem with that is whilst the text increases the site does not text flow so now you end up with excessive left right scrolling and then the up down scrolling. Experience this on Android Chrome.

It would make life a lot easier if the new site did not block tablet browser settings from increasing the text size under the Browser Accessability settings.

The slightly smaller font is very noticeable with the inability now to use in browser text sizing it makes the mobile view very unuseable certainly for me.

I've been playing around with an additional theme that is now available to select (bottom left of the screen is where you can change themes). This is black on white text (well, toned down a bit) with much larger fonts called, SGL Simple - v1. This also offers a 'colour picker' so you can change the colour scheme to a certain extent.

SGL Responsive will continue to be our main and default theme and the one that will get the most attention, testing and support but we will provide this additional theme for those who prefer black on white text and a larger font size.

Hope that helps :)

Grant....that reverses everything page wise, and the screen itself is too white, and when I click on your quote button, It was restoring an earlier quote of which I've had to delete to type this text. I like the border colour schemes, but for me its like visiting another site, as like I said, the page is reversed in relation to the placing of the tabs? 

I know you cant please everyone, I like the border colour changes, not the fact that the tabs are displaced to new positions?

Unless my system has just failed!

Just now, Charic said:

Grant....that reverses everything page wise, and the screen itself is to white, and when I click on your quote button, It was restoring an earlier quote of which I've had to delete to type this text. I like the border colour schemes, but for me its like visiting another site, as like I said, the page is reversed in relation to the placing of the tabs? 

Unless my system has just failed!

It certainly doesn't 'reverse everything' - it's a totally different theme so some of the navigation and buttons are in slightly different locations to the main theme but, this is a quick solution to give people a black on white option.

The quote issue is not an issue - this is normal behaviour, if you start typing something in the editor, but don't post it when you come back later, the text you typed earlier will be there waiting for you - sort of like a draft so you don't lose your text if your browsers crashes halfway through. This has nothing to do with the new theme choice.

......I suppose "everything" is an over expression ( looking back), but you know what I meant!

It  makes sense now,  since fiddling with the new theme since your reply.....

I thought the quote was an issue, a draft makes sense.......

THANKYOU 

42 minutes ago, Grant said:

I've been playing around with an additional theme that is now available to select (bottom left of the screen is where you can change themes). This is black on white text (well, toned down a bit) with much larger fonts called, SGL Simple - v1. This also offers a 'colour picker' so you can change the colour scheme to a certain extent.

SGL Responsive will continue to be our main and default theme and the one that will get the most attention, testing and support but we will provide this additional theme for those who prefer black on white text and a larger font size.

Hope that helps :)

Grant, you're a hero! :icon_biggrin:

Martin

Thank you for trying a new theme I will use it for a while before commenting. If I can read and post that will be great.

I want to add I don't make my comments for looks sake but because I couldn't use it. For me it doesn't matter the simple theme might not have all the bells and whistles.

Looking forward to switching theme.

Just now, happy-kat said:

I want to add I don't make my comments for looks sake but because I couldn't use it. For me it doesn't matter the simple theme might not have all the bells and whistles.

I know, and I understand :) 

I'm also happy to tweak the colours / sizes etc.. on the new theme if feedback suggests it would help people - I've already dramatically increased the text size on that theme.

7 minutes ago, cgarry said:

The colours of the new simple theme are perfect.  Can I get a version without the giant text please?

Cheers,
Chris

Lets see what the general feedback to the simple theme is - perhaps people would prefer the text a bit smaller and we can pick something that works for everybody - I'm not keen on generating lots of different versions of the themes all with small differences - it makes maintenance, testing and upgrades a nightmare...

1 minute ago, cgarry said:

The text is not just a little big, it is comedy huge big!  The previous version of the forum had a perfect theme, can we not have that back?

If you are using the site on a desktop then hold the control key and scroll using your mouse wheel you can make the text smaller to suit you when on a PC.

If using a mobile device then the text in the simple view is clear now to read.

This is looking positive Grant thank you I can use the PC and the tablet now, I will carry on tomorrow using the tablet to see how a longer use goes.

3 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

If you are using the site on a desktop then hold the control key and scroll using your mouse wheel you can make the text smaller to suit you when on a PC.

That does not seem to work with the Chrome browser...  It would be easier just to have normal sized text, the same as every other website.

5 minutes ago, cgarry said:

That does not seem to work with the Chrome browser...  It would be easier just to have normal sized text, the same as every other website.

I found this tip helpful, and works just fine on my W7 Google Chrome.

I hold down the left CTRL button and scroll the Mouse wheel........works for me.

I am on my tablet tomorrow a 5 minute look is not long enough now to identify the eye strain, but thank you for asking and there were others with similar needs re eye sight impact.

Can also confirm the Chrome users can use the left control button and the mouse wheel to do their own resizing on a desktop to suit their needs. I am using Winodws XP.

10 minutes ago, Charic said:

I found this tip helpful, and works just fine on my W7 Google Chrome.

I hold down the left CTRL button and scroll the Mouse wheel........works for me.

I am on W7 Google Chrome and it does not work for me.  However, I am on a laptop without a mouse or therefore without a mouse wheel so am trying the scroll area on my track pad instead.  It does work on Firefox.  Still with the updated theme this is now a non-issue for me.

Q: I have just edited my post of over 21 Hours ago! ........ a new feature maybe ? ( which is great )  however, it could, in some cases, completely change the aspect of the following threads, one of the reasons for not having the edit feature in the first place.

I was looking for a delete button, I have since  found it? it was so small and almost bleached out due to the colour of the image itself? Thats the reason for the edit.

Archived