Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aw c'mon, gimme a break...

Mr Spock

Yes, I get the same with the BBC Weather Dunkeswell Airfield site which is the nearest to me and about the same height and topography.  Forever chasing clear skies :grin:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really is starting to get depressing now.  I left for work this morning at 07:45, it was completely dark and gloomy.  Throughout the day it remained dark and gloomy, total cloud cover, not a single glimpse of the sky nor sun.  By 15:30 it was as dark as it was when I left for work!   Just as well living in Scotland has other attractions because the weather sure isn't doing it for me - now where did I put the vitamin D supplements  :p

Jim  

Yay! The stars are still out there. Last night I saw Orion, Taurus, Pleiades, Auriga, Cassiopeia, Plough, Canis Major and a few others through gaps in the clouds.

Regarding various weather sites .... My impression is that the BBC is overly pessimistic and Clear Outside is too optimistic. Something in-between is usually about right ... when neither are both wrong that is. ;-)

Regarding various weather sites .... My impression is that the BBC is overly pessimistic and Clear Outside is too optimistic. Something in-between is usually about right ... when neither are both wrong that is. ;-)

Exactly my impression too, with the BBC being closer to reality usually.

ChrisH

It's with great sadness that I have to report that the stars have been shut down. Viewing figures were very poor - much lower than the X factor for instance and in these times of cut backs savings have got to be made.

We will be keeping a few planets on until their contract runs out but sadly, not beyond the end of this years.

If you have any complaints please contact your preferred deity.

:grin:

cheers

gaj

Nievely, I am getting quite excited about tomorrow night.

Showing clear from 3pm to 8am. Surely they can't get it that wrong???

I have written off Friday as a Zombie day. Looks like there may be a few clear Fri evening hours as well!

Paul

Our skies seem to clear now and then for about half an hour at dusk. I've been foiled (fooled?) a couple of times including tonight when I start to set up the scopes then the haze arrives quickly followed by cloud (and rain).

Archived